Tri4Japan, the charity established by Mike and Rieko Trees to help ease the suffering of the people of Kamaishi, a town devastated by the March Tsunami and earthquake, is set to launch a major sports and triathlon charity auction on eBay. The eBay auction begins on Sunday evening (31 July, from 19:00 GMT) with over 50 items being auctioned for this worthy cause.
The items in the auction will be available to view and bid on from 19:00 GMT on Sunday night at: shop.ebay.co.uk/tri4japan/m.html, or can be viewed now on the Tri4Japan website at: www.tri4japan.com/auction/.
The auction sees a mixture of donated items ranging from Tri4Japan t-shirts and posters signed by triple Ironman World Champion Chrissie Wellington, up to high modulus carbon bike frames and top-end wetsuits, as well as some fantastic World Champion and celebrity autographed collectables.
Competitive brands have come together to support Mike’s charity with generous donations of brand new items as well as limited edition and signed items from their sponsored elite athletes.
Mike Trees, founder of Tri4Japan and ex professional triathlete said “We’ve had an amazing response from triathlon brands and athletes to provide items for our charity auction and hope to raise thousands of pounds towards our donation total. Seeing competitive brands putting aside their differences and generously donating items to us has been incredible.”
A selection of items in the auction include:
- A collection of Olympic memorabilia from Speedo including a swimskin signed by 2008 Olympic Athletes including Michael Phelps, (eight times Gold Olympic Medallist Beijing) Rebecca Adlington, (Double Olympic Gold medallist, Beijing) Steph Rice, (three times Gold medallist, Beijing) Bronte Barratt (Olympic Gold medallist) and Liam Tancock (double commonwealth Games gold medallist)
- A pair of Adidas Supernova Sequence shoes signed by Alistair Brownlee
- A pair of Brooks T7 race shoes signed by Chrissie Wellington as well as Chrissie’s own TYR tankini signed by Chrissie
- Signed wetsuit used by actor Robson Green in his Wild Swimming Adventure ITV series
- Two pairs of Newton Running shoes & a visor signed by Zola Pieterse (née Zola Budd)
- Two entries to Ironman Wales in September
- Two Ceepo high modulus carbon bike frames
- A year’s supply of GU Energy Gels (365 mixed flavour gels)
- Over 20 new triathlon wetsuits from leading brands including 2XU, Orca, blueseventy and Zone 3
- Two-time Ironman World Champion Craig Alexander special edition replica race kits
Mike and his wife Rieko visited Kamaishi in April and witnessed at first hand the devastation caused by the tsunami and earthquake. They were shown around by survivors and those that had organised the Kamaishi International Triathlon, and will go back again in October to identify projects to support with funds raised by the Tri4Japan charity.
The auction begins at 19:00 BST on Sunday 31 July on eBay, Details about each individual auction item can now be found on the Tri4Japan website at www.tri4japan.com/auction/.
Up-to-date news will also be posted on the Tri4Japan Facebook page.