FINIS, the technical swimming development specialist and provider of select training equipment for the US Olympic Swim Team, has announced the immediate availability of the Swimsense Performance Monitor.
The Swimsense Performance Monitor is an intuitive device worn around the wrist while swimming. Using motion sensing technology, the device automatically detects and distinguishes stroke types, records the number of laps swum, total distance, calories burned, lap time, pace and stroke count.
With built-in automatic stroke recognition Swimsense can automatically differentiate between backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly and freestyle. Swimsense is available for US$199.99 MSRP at FINISinc.com.
The swim monitoring device is also on display at CES 2011 in the Las Vegas Convention Center, north hall lower level booth 3330.
“We are thrilled to release the Swimsense Performance Monitor so that fitness enthusiasts and serious athletes can track their workouts,” said FINIS President John Mix.
“With the Swimsense you can easily keep track of laps swum, calories burned and more. Simply get in the water and go and Swimsense will automatically capture your entire swim workout.”
Designed for fitness enthusiasts and recreational swimmers, to elite swimmers and triathletes – Swimsense includes a variety of features and benefits such as:
• Automatically captures and gives insight into your performance/workout as soon as you start swimming
• Records different swim strokes via motion sensing technologies for analysis during and after your swim
• Views current workout while you swim and up to 14 past workouts/swims
• Uploads swim data to the Swimsense Training Log to analyse distance, calories, different stroke types, pace, stroke count and SWOLF efficiency score (the SWOLF score combines a swimmer’s 25-yard swim time with the number of strokes he or she takes.)
• Intuitive design and high resolution of the interface makes reviewing your workouts easy
• Configure the settings for unique pool sizes, meters, yards, gender and weight
Along with viewing information on the Swimsense Performance Monitor, FINIS has developed the Swimsense Training Log, a free analysis and training software program for elite athletes and the serious fitness enthusiast that includes:
• Performance reporting shows distance swum, calories burned, different stroke types, pace, stroke count, efficiency, SWOLF Score and workout timeline
• Unlimited workout history storage for easy monitoring and progress tracking over a period of time
• Goal planning/workout plan creation software allows you to set short and long term goals and plan daily, weekly and monthly workouts
• Favourite workout search capability allows you to search through your history of workouts for your best/favourite workout routine