In its ongoing effort to bolster a transition to HTML5, Peaksware LLC, developer of TrainingPeaks.com, is looking for a ‘rock star Front End Developer’ to join its growing team!
Role intro and questions from TrainingPeaks.com
Do you thrive on executing pixel perfect designs that enable customers to have the very best user experience possible? Do you have a passion for fitness and an understanding of the rigours and demands it takes athletes to maintain peak performance shape?
If so Peaksware LLC, developer of TrainingPeaks.com, is looking for a full time, in-house front end web developer to create pixel perfect web pages for new and existing websites. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated; comfortable working within tight deadlines; work well in a team environment; and understand how triathletes, cyclists and runners think.
Scope and responsibilities
- Contributing to concepts and strategy in a collaborative environment
- Working with multiple teams to develop and maintain interactive and web-based solutions
- Ability to comprehend an architected road map (IA) and recommend and articulate technical solutions
- Deep experience with libraries such as jQuery, Backbone or Bootstrap
- Execution of pixel perfect page layouts based on visual comps from PDF storyboards and Adobe Photoshop files
- Successful maintenance and interface of these front end solutions to the deeper back-end development structure
- Ensure that web sites meet web standards and remain accessible across browsers, operating systems and devices
Experience and skill requirements
The successful candidate will have experience building compelling web sites, and the requirements necessary to develop them using forward thinking, front-end technologies.
- CSS (including CSS-based layout)
- Familiarity with browser & platform-dependent html development challenges
- Familiarity with CMS systems a plus
- Ability to parse Adobe Photoshop files
- Experience with databases a plus
- Excellent time-management skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- An appreciation and eye for compelling design
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working in an agile development process
Benefits include a competitive annual salary, and full medical and dental insurance. The company also pays US$2400/yr towards medical deductible, and provides a US$600/yr fitness allowance to purchase any items related to healthy living.
Peaksware/TrainingPeaks.com have a very flexible work schedule among a group of high-performance, highly driven professionals. Most of the employees at Peaksware are fitness/outdoor enthusiasts or competitive endurance athletes, and are passionate about both the work they do and the products they produce.
The company is located just 6 miles east of Boulder, Colorado. Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: hr[at]peaksware.com. Plain text, PDF or MS Word format is preferred.