In the run-up to Triathlon Business International’s third annual conference on 10-12 February in San Diego, the organization has announced the finalists for the 2012 Most Innovative Product award. The winner will be announced and presented with a specially-designed crystal award from TBI member company Ashworth Awards at the TBI/Active Network Awards Celebration dinner taking place next Monday evening at the Rancho Bernardo Inn.
Nominations were solicited from retailers across the country and finalists were selected based on award criteria by a panel of TBI founding members, board members and representatives of the general membership.
2012 Most Innovative Product award finalists:
- Garmin 910xt
- De Soto Riviera Tri Bib
- Cervélo P5-Six
Male and Female Ron Smith Triathlete of the Year Award
Named after Ron Smith, one of triathlon’s earliest pioneers, this award recognizes both a male and female triathlete who best demonstrate a combination of strong moral character, athletic performance and professionalism in the sport of triathlon. The male and female winner will also be announced at the TBI/Active Network Awards Celebration dinner.
Ron Smith Award – Female
- Kathleen McCartney Hearst and Julie Moss
- Meredith Kessler
- Sarah Groff
Ron Smith Award – Male
- Jordan Rapp
- Andrew Starykowicz
- Hunter Kemper
The two winners will be announced at the Monday 11 February Awards Celebration and presented with specially-designed crystal awards from TBI member Ashworth Awards.
The TBI conference agenda provides wide-ranging and timely information for everyone involved in the business and sport of triathlon, and the related sports of cycling and running. Some of the topics and activities for this year’s TBI Conference include:
- State of the Sport address by TBI president Jack Caress
- Keynote speakers: Gary Hall Jr, Andy Potts, Phil White and Rob Urbach
- Speed networking
- Marketing and Branding: ‘Using Triathlon to Promote Your Brand’
- Event Insurance: ‘Protect Your Gold & Minimize Risk’
- Technology Exploration: ‘Timing, Scoring and Technology’
- Importance of Triathlon to Your Business: ‘Prospecting for New Customers’
- Rules, Regulations and Drug Policies: ‘Doping – Fool’s Gold’
- Web and Social Media Trends for 2013: ‘Online Precious Metals’
- Mergers and Acquisitions: ‘Turning Sweat Equity into Gold’
- Water Safety and Emergency Management: ‘Gold Standards of Safety’
- Hot Topics of Triathlon
- ActiveX workouts each morning
- The Active Network Awards Celebration including announcement of top retailers, top manufacturers, best triathlon article, best triathlon photograph and the male and female Ron Smith Award winners
Conference dates, location and costs:
- Date: 10-12 February 2012
- Location: Rancho Bernardo Inn – San Diego, California
- Cost: TBI Members – US$795; non-members – US$995
TBI (formerly Triathlon America) is dedicated to promoting the sport and the business of triathlon. Founded by a coalition of industry leaders, TBI advocates for the interests of triathlon businesses, provides educational and informative programs, and encourages increased participation in the sport of triathlon.