Ironman brand owner World Triathlon Corp (WTC) and race registration specialist Active Network Inc have announced a three-year deal to expand their relationship worldwide.
As the Official Registration Partner and Official Global Sponsor of Ironman, ACTIVE will continue to serve the needs of athletes by offering race registration solutions through a single, global technology platform for Ironman’s nearly 190 events worldwide across its five main brands: Ironman, Ironman 70.3, 5150 Triathlon Series, Iron Girl and IronKids.
“It’s our goal to provide our world-class athletes with the best participant experience possible – from the registration process to the finish line,” said Andrew Messick, Chief Executive Officer of WTC. “We believe ACTIVE is the only technology partner sophisticated enough to do this for us on a global scale.
He added, “For 35 years, Ironman has taken pride by offering world-class events, and by continuing our relationship with ACTIVE, our athletes will have access to outstanding technology that enables a simple registration process so that the focus remains on their training journey and race day experience.”
ACTIVE’s Vice President of Sales Mike Reilly, has seen the expansion of Ironman triathlons worldwide and the relationship between ACTIVE and Ironman take root and flourish.
“Since 1999, ACTIVE has powered hundreds of events and registered tens of thousands of participants,” Reilly said. “Participation in Ironman events has skyrocketed in the past decade and races are selling out faster than ever. The 2013 Ironman Florida, for example, sold out in less than a minute – a new record for Ironman registration. As the global popularity of the sport grows, I am honoured to continue to welcome athletes across the finish line and proclaim them an Ironman.”
“As Ironman’s technology needs have developed over the past two decades, so has the sophistication of our activity and participant management technology solutions,” added Dave Alberga, Executive Chairman at ACTIVE Network. “Our on-going relationship with Ironman is significant to us and we look forward to continuing to power Ironman athletes around the world.”
ACTIVE’s race management software provides Ironman with a consolidated global back-end system. For Ironman, the benefits include:
- A single global platform capable of handling increasingly popular events with thousands of registrants per minute
- 13 languages and 10 currencies now supported
- A centralized participant database providing consistent insight into participant needs
Additionally, athletes will be able to:
- Register almost anywhere, anytime through a desktop or mobile device
- Save time by pre-populating their registration and credit card information using a Facebook or ACTIVE.com account
- Secure their spot quickly using a simple two-step registration process, where athletes can pay immediately but complete registration questions and waivers later