The International Triathlon Union (ITU) has recently launched a social media campaign ahead of one of the world’s toughest triathlons in Kitzbühel, in the Austrian Alps, which takes place on 6 July. The campaign encourages triathlon enthusiasts to get their message of support sprayed on the gruelling ascent up Kitzbühel Horn mountain and seen by millions of live TV viewers around the world.
Here’s how it works:
- To be eligible, tri fans will need to follow @worldtriathlon or be a fan of facebook.com/worldtriathlon
- Choose the athlete to support or compose a generic message of support
There are two ways tri fans can get their message to ITU:
- Tweet a message of support followed by #yousaywespray @worldtriathlon
- Or go to the ‘You Say It – We Spray It’ image on facebook.com/worldtriathlon and leave a comment under the image followed by #yousaywespray.
The message should be no longer than 25 characters; so be creative (there’s only so much room on the road!).
- ITU will then choose a selection of the best messages and spray them on the climb for millions of people to see.
- ITU will choose two messages live on race day from fans watching the live coverage on TV or online at www.triathlon.org/tv.
- ITU will also publicly post fans messages on Twitter and Facebook for all to see.
Example of a tweet to send:
THIS IS THE MESSAGE OF SUPPORT #yousaywespray @worldtriathlon @Jgomeznoya
Fans can enter the social mix now and enter often…