The team at F3 Events has offered 20% off all its events to those who had entered and were subsequently affected by the closure of the Vachery Triathlon Festival. As the company also acts as distributor for XTERRA Wetsuits, if an XTERRA wetsuit is also pre-ordered before the race, then F3 will also include a complimentary rucksack, bento box and race belt, worth £65 in total.
F3 events, based in the Thames Valley area, just minutes from the M25 and Heathrow, has a wide range of triathlons, duathlons, open water swims, sportives and run races available for those who have missed out on the Surrey based Vachery Triathlon event and are looking at other options.
This offer is open to all those who entered either the Vachery Sprint, Standard and Middle distance triathlons that were set to be raced on 20 July 2014 and can demonstrate proof of entry.
Martyn Edwards, owner of F3 Events said “When we heard that the Vachery Triathlon Festival had closed down, like many, our first thoughts were for those that had entered. It must have been so disappointing to be looking forward to a race and finding out that it would no longer go ahead.”
He continued, “We wanted to make a gesture to those affected and offer them a discount to our range of races which we think offer great fun, atmosphere, testing courses and a range of distances and challenges which we hope can replace that hole in their calendar.
“If they have already found a replacement race then maybe they might like to look at one of our runs, swims or sportives as a warm up or training event. We just want to add our voice and help those affected.”
Full list of F3 Events for 2014:
- Maxifuel Half Marathon, Dorney Lake, 22 March 2014
- Maxifuel Eton and Windsor Fun Run and Duathlon Series Race 3: Dorney Lake, Sunday 23 March 2014
- Chilterns Big and Little Dipper Sportive, Henley-on-Thames, 13 April 2014
- Maxifuel Eton and Windsor Fun Run and Duathlon Series Race 4: Dorney Lake, Saturday 19 April 2014
- Maxifuel Longest Day Sportive, Saturday 19 April 2014
- Royal Windsor Trail Half Marathon, 25 May 2014
- Royal Windsor Trail 10km, 25 May 2014
- Royal Windsor River Swim, 8 June 2014
- Marlow Sprint and Olympic Triathlons, 29 June 2014
- Marlow Half-Iron Triathlon, 20 July 2014
- Marlow River Swim, 20 July 2014
- Henley-on-Thames River Sprint & Standard Triathlons, 10 August 2014
- Henley-on-Thames River Swim, 10 August 2014
- Maxifuel Big South Swim Challenge, 6 September 2014
- Henley Half Marathon, 28 September 2014
- Henley 10km Trail 10km, 28 September 2014
All F3 events will have full car parking facilities available, which will be in operation to allow participants to come and go whilst the event is still taking place, and will enable spectators and family/friends to attend and soak up the atmosphere. The events also have full catering facilities, music and commentary, massage, on-course nutrition plus fun and games for kids of all ages – ‘not to mention a great atmosphere for competitors and spectators’.
Most races are held in the Thames Valley region, conveniently located along the M4 motorway, only 20 minutes from London and 15 minutes from the M25 and M40 motorways.