UK television broadcaster is bringing together its support of disability issues and endurance sport by screening the UK’s first mass-participation disability sport event – Para Tri. The special TV show airs on Channel 4 this Saturday at 07:30 BST and on Ch 4 +1 at 08:30.
The TV broadcast will again be aired thanks to a partnership between Channel 4 and production firm Dream Team Television.
Aiming to break new ground in mass-participation sport, Para Tri is the first event in the new Tribal Series, which hopes to give the UK’s 12 million disabled the chance to come together, compete and have fun on a dedicated playing field for the first time.
Hundreds of participants, from first-timers to the elite, descended on Dorney Lake in Windsor on 9 August for the UK’s biggest-ever paratriathlon in the lead up to Rio 2016, where paratriathlon will make its debut.
Future Dream Team TV programmes to look out for in 2015 on Channel 4 include:
- Challenge Weymouth – 26 September
- The World Mountain Running Championships – 3 October
- The Hever Castle Triathlon – 17 October
- The Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon – 24 October
- Ben Nevis Braveheart Triathlon – 31 October
- River Rat Race Stockton – 14 November
- Sandman Triathlon – 28 November
- Snowman Triathlon – 5 December
Dream Team Television is one of the UK’s leading production companies specialising in multisport, adventure, athletics and motorsport programming. The company has an international reputation for producing some of the highest quality programmes in these specialist areas.