The organising team behind this year’s inaugural IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire are making the last call for the final remaining places to join the GR100 for a place into the sold out event. An event entry with GR100 will be in support of the Gordon Ramsay Foundation, which aims to make a meaningful difference to a number of charities.
Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay is looking for 100 strong willed, dedicated and passionate individuals, hungry for the challenge to race with him at IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire on 14 June 2015. The event consists of a 1.2 mile swim, a 56 mile bike and a 13.1 mile run on a very flat course in and around the stunning and historic setting of the Shugborough country estate.
Entrants don’t need to be seasoned athletes, just driven and determined. All will receive ‘second to none training and the very best sporting equipment as part of the team package worth £2,000.’
Upon joining GR100 – members will receive the following:
- Entry into IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire
- Six month training programme designed by top triathlon coach Will Usher
- A dedicated fundraising expert
- A biomechanics assessment with John Allen
- An open water swimming day with Olympic medallist, Cassie Patten
- An on course recce with Lucy Gossage – IRONMAN Champion
- An exclusive launch event with Gordon Ramsay and very special guests on 10 January 2015
- A limited-edition GR100 branded kit and a Huub 2015 Archimedes wetsuit, tri-suit, technical t-shirt and winter training jacket
- A transition bag with specialist kit and essentials including a pair of Oakley sunglasses
- One night’s pre-event accommodation in a luxury hotel
- 5* hospitality for GR100 athletes, friends and family at IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire to enjoy post-race
- A GR100 team photograph
Athletes can register at www.gordonramsay.com/gr100 for one of the remaining places. Membership fees are £1,500 along with a commitment to raise £2,500 directly for the Foundation.
The Gordon Ramsay Foundation and GR100 supporting charities are: Cancer Research UK, the Scottish Spina Bifida Association, The Louis Dundas Centre for Children’s Palliative Care, Action Against Hunger and Meningitis Now.
With limited spaces now available, interested athletes are advised to sign up now at www.gordonramsay.com/gr/100 to join the GR100 team. The deadline is 9 January 2015.