UK coaching specialist, Precision Coaching, is back on board as the official coaching and infrastructure provider for Gordon and Tana Ramsay’s Foundation charity team – GR100. As in 2015, the team will be racing IRONMAN Staffordshire next year whilst raising much-needed funds for charity.
As part of its role supporting celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay and his charity team, in 2016 Precision Coaching and its specialist coaches Will Usher & Kathryn Berry will be delivering a training package to include a full coaching infrastructure and program. As Will Usher noted, “We’ve got some incredible guests coming to support from the world of elite sport, current athletes and also arguably the godfather of triathlon – Dave Scott.”
The main event is once again IRONMAN Staffordshire 70.3, which in its inaugural year of 2015 proved a popular event with UK and international triathletes alike. This year, demand was so high that around 9,000 applicants were not able to secure a place. As Will added, “We’re very lucky to have the support from IRONMAN on this race.”
He continued, “We’ve pulled together an exceptional team of infrastructure sponsors which are going to make this event a unique experience for anyone taking part – be they novice or an experienced athlete.”
The Gordon Ramsay GR100 team has 100 exclusive places reserved for IRONMAN Staffordshire 2016. As a member of the GR100 team, each athlete will receive a package, including:
- Limited edition GR100-branded training kit, including HUUB Aerious wetsuit
- Two training events led by top triathlon coach Will Usher, alongside other professional athletes
- Exclusive invitation to a GR100 event with Gordon Ramsay in January 2016
- Musculoskeletal screening with Team GB Athletics physiotherapists
- Pre- and post-event support from the GR100 team coaches
- Full hospitality from Gordon Ramsay’s critically acclaimed team at the post-race reception
- Discount at leading sport and triathlon retailers
- Dedicated end-to-end fundraising support from the Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity team
In 2015, the GR100 Foundation raised £700,000 for its charities. In 2016, the sole focus of the charity is the UK’s Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Will added, “We’re hoping to make a big impact and shatter this total of £700,000. If you’re interested in taking part we’d love to hear from you, or even if you know someone that might be suitable. There are other opportunities to get involved on a more commercial footing as well.”
GR100’s current infrastructure sponsors are: