World class triathletes, endurance runners and cyclists will gather with obstacle course junkies, ocean swimmers and aspiring juniors at an inaugural event that will educate, inspire and connect sporting lovers alike.
The Australian Triathlon, Endurance & Cycling (ATEC) Expo will be staged at The Dome, Sydney Showground on the weekend of 4-5 July 2015, and caters for a growing number of fitness enthusiasts from fun runners to professional athletes.
The event will feature seven zones spanning Bike, Run and Swim, to Obstacle and Endurance, Technology and Performance, Nutrition and Junior. More than 75 exhibitors will be under one roof, and free seminars will be presented by sports professionals, trainers, coaches, nutritionists and inspiring athletes who will share their experience and advice.
Highlights of the two day event include:
- Raw Challenge Obstacle Course. Participants scale a 2 metre high wall, crawl through a narrow cannon and climb and slide down the arch – a fun course for adults and children aged 7+.
- Open Criterium. Lidcombe Auburn Cycling Club (LACC) is coordinating a series of cycling races starting with Kids under 9 years through to Graded and Elite cyclists. (Saturday 4 July 8:00-15:30 AEST)
- Sanitarium Kids DASHathon. A taste of Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon and Little BIG DASH in one. Kids and teens aged 7-15 years are invited to experience a run-ride-obstacle run course. (Sunday 5 July 8:30-10:00 AEST)
- S’cool Fat Bike Track. Ten tonnes of sand will be delivered, allowing visitors to road test the Euro-Bike award winner XXfat 20”.
- Interactive experiences from bone density testing to stroke correction in the Fastlane Pool.
- 75+ Exhibitors including Rebel Sport, 2XU, Bounce, Zoggs, Endura Sports Nutrition, Garmin, Xterra, Felt Bikes.
- Free Seminars. Professional Triathlete Courtney Atkinson, Adventure Runner Richard Bowles, Dietitian Amy Giannotti, Coaches Daniel Bain, Jen Brown, Craig Percival and Paul Newsome.
triathlonbusiness.com readers can use the below codes to book tickets at a discounted rate online at atecexpo.com.au:
1 day pass @ AU$10: TRIBUS1
2 day pass @ AU$15: TRIBUS2
Informa – the company behind ATEC – is one of the world’s largest event organisers. In Australia, Informa organises over 400 events annually. These range from niche training courses, to high-level conferences and large scale exhibitions, attracting thousands of attendees.
Informa also organises 30 consumer and trade exhibitions across Australia, attracting 70,000 highly qualified visitors to over 2,000 exhibiting companies each year. Informa Australia is part of the larger Informa Group, listed on the London Stock Exchange, with over 7,000 employees in over 40 countries. It is the largest publicly owned organiser of events in the world.