Triathlon Business International (TBI), the industry organization dedicated to promoting the sport and the business of triathlon, is now taking submissions for the best published triathlon article and photo of the year.
Publication may be in a printed periodical, book, newsletter or an online outlet. Due by 24 December 2015, winners will be recognized at the Triathlon Business International Awards Celebration taking place at the 6th annual Triathlon Business International Conference in Marina del Rey, California, from 24-26 January 2016.
Best Triathlon Article and Photo Selection Criteria:
- Triathlon article or photo must be published and have appeared in a print or online media outlet in the 2015 calendar year.
- Individual writers and photographers may self-submit as long as the article/photo was published. Publications may submit an article or photo on behalf of the author(s) or photographer(s). Proof of publication must be provided with the article. A PDF of the article must also be submitted. If the article has been published online, a link to the article must be included.
- Publications may enter multiple submissions, but only three submissions are allowed per author or photographer. If a writer is also a photographer (or vice versa), he/she may submit no more than three articles and three photos.
- Submissions must include the name, email address and phone number of the author or photographer.
- Nominations close on Wednesday 24 December 2015. The best article and best photo will be shortlisted and finalized from the nominations by the voting panel. This consists of Triathlon Business International board members and media professionals outside the triathlon industry.
All submissions should be sent to feedback[at]triathlonbusinessintl.com.
The TBI Conference will be full of information, opportunities and networking for everyone in the business and sport of triathlon. The strapline for the industry gathering is: ‘This is where the business of triathlon will get done.’
There will be panels for multisport retailers and manufacturers, and the highly popular Race Director’s track will continue from last year, focusing on the issues and needs of this segmented group of industry professionals. More speakers and content will be announced in the coming weeks.
The Ron Smith Awards Celebration reception and dinner on Monday night includes the announcement of the Ron Smith Award winner, the Steve Hed Award winner; and other awards in the event, retailer, manufacturer and media categories.
- 1 December – 14 January: US$575 members / US$675 non-members
- 15 January and after: US$675 members / US$775 non-members
Registration fees include all sessions, breakfast, lunches and a ticket to the Ron Smith Awards Celebration. Non-member registration includes a one-year TBI membership. Special conference room rates are available at the conference host hotel – the Marina del Rey Marriott.
Sponsors of the 2016 TBI Conference include The ACTIVE Network, Headsweats, Endurance Sportswire and Bicycle Retailer and Industry News (BRAIN). TBI Corporate Partners are Ashworth Awards and FinisherPix.
Companies interested in conference sponsorship or expo space should contact Shannon Standefer via Shannon[at]triathlonbusinessintl.com.
Triathlon Business International (TBI) is an industry organization dedicated to promoting the sport and the business of triathlon. Founded by a coalition of industry leaders, TBI advocates for the interests of triathlon businesses, provides educational and informative programs, and encourages increased participation in the sport.