Inspired by the US Masters Swimming programme, the JAQUATICS swimming club in Jakarta, Indonesia, first launched INAMasters in 2013.
Following its vision to encourage more adults to lead a healthy lifestyle through swimming, JAQUATICS and INAMasters Swimming Jakarta added the first South East Asia Pacific Masters, SEAPMasters, in 2014.
For 2016, SEAPMasters is expanding to Bali. The Bali SEAPMasters event will be held on Saturday 4 June 2016 from 08:00-13:00 at the Bali Island School 25M Pool in Sanur.
Participating Masters communities of Bali SEAPMasters include:
- INAMasters (International Aquatics Masters), Jakarta
- IMS (Indonesia Masters Swimming), Jakarta
- Kuracomm Masters, Jakarta
- ACS, Jakarta
- Bali International Masters, Bali (recently formed and affiliated with INAM)
- Japan for Masters Swimming, Japan
- Aqualaser, Philippines
- Darwin Stingers Masters, Australia
Organisers expect a total of 200 participants at the event.
Aim of the event is to ‘celebrate fitness, friendship and fun through Masters Swimming’. Bali SEAPMasters is supported by Carlsberg Sport, Bali International Medical Center and SevenSeas.