With an RRP of £400, Oakley is presenting Radar Pace – a ‘real-time voice activated coaching system that creates a unique training program, tracks your performance and coaches you in the moment.’ The new sunglasses accessory, developed as a collaboration between Intel and Oakley, was originally unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas early this year.
Now rolling out to consumers, Radar Pace combines ‘Oakley’s heritage in performance innovation with Intel’s expertise in the advancement of technology’.
- Pairs to external sensors – power output, heart rate, speed, cadence, distance, time, etc., using sensor data intergration and Intel technology
- Internal sensors – accelerometer, gyroscope, pressure, humidity and proximity
- Touch pad on the temples for control functions with simple taps and swipes – adjust volume, control music and calls from a paired phone, and more
- Microphone array enabled for voice commands
- Water Resistant up to IPX5
- Interchangeable lenses to optimize performance in any environment: Prizm Road lens to optimize and sharpen visual acuity
- Impact protection based upon ANSI Z87.1 test methods for High Mass and High Velocity impact resistance
- Protective sports-specific Oakley Soft Vault included with capacity for an extra lens
- Rechargeable through USB port
The new Radar Pace offering includes: 2 Ear Booms, Clear Lens for Low Light Conditions, PRIZM Road Lens, eyewear Case, Microbag, 2 Nose Pads, Aero Clip, Micro USB Cable and a Quick Start Guide.