The International Triathlon Union (ITU) is looking to appoint an ITU Development Coach to fulfil the growing demands in developing and emerging National Federations for the development of athlete development projects, talent ID, coach education programmes, mentoring opportunities and relevant educational resources internationally.
The ITU Development Coach position starts in January 2017 and is a part-time role, approximately 120 days per year. The salary will be ‘in accordance to [the] candidate selected’.
The successful candidate will work closely with the ITU Development in the following areas:
- Assist to design, coordinate, implement and monitor athletes’ and coaches’ development programmes in developing and emerging nations all around the continents
- Assist to plan and implement Talent ID Programmes for developing and emerging nations
- Assist to plan and conduct continental Training Camps with mentored continental coaches
- Assist to plan and conduct “Team Continent” Programmes
- Assist to coordinate the implementation of the ITU Coaching Education Programme (Activator, Level 1, Level 2) across the continents and develop mentoring and facilitating programme for the coaches in the developing nations
- Work closely on all development projects with ITU Sport Department and the Continental Coordinators
ITU adds that this list of responsibilities was created to help potential applicants gain a better understanding of the role and is by no means exhaustive.
- High Performance Coaching Accreditation/Certification
- Experienced as High Performance Coach
- Experience at Sport Development
- Tertiary qualification in education and sport science
- Demonstrated experience and delivery of coach education and sport development programmes
- A capacity to balance the need to operate independently or work as part of a team as various tasks may require
- Able to travel for extended periods
- Significant management experience with administrative and organisational skills
- High level of oral and written communication skills in English
- Effective oral and written communication in French and/or in Spanish is highly recommended
Individuals who are interested in applying for this position must submit a comprehensive resume with salary expectation, and a cover letter in support of the application. This should be sent to: jobs[at] triathlon.org. The closing date for applications is Monday 24 October 2016