A release from apparel specialist Castelli notes how wind tunnel testing has showed that an IRONMAN bike leg will go by almost 6 minutes quicker with Castelli’s new T1:Stealth Top 2, compared to the company’s sleeveless Free top.
For version 2 of its T1:Stealth Top, Castelli has focused on improving the fit. The front is in a smooth stretch polyester fabric, while the back and shoulders use a specially developed dimpled fabric that helps the boundary layer of air detach from the body. The back blocks 94% of UV rays, providing ‘reasonable race-day sun protection’.
The T1:Stealth Top 2 can be worn over a sleeveless tri kit or, in hotter conditions, by itself. According to Castelli, ‘you’ll be faster with the same effort’. The fit is specific to the tri position to maximize aerodynamics without compromising weight and comfort.
The top is meant to be worn on the bike only and features a full-length YKK Vislon zipper to help make it easy to put on and take off in transition. The company adds that the T1:Stealth Top 2 is ‘an absolute time saver for 70.3 and IRONMAN distance races.’
- Wind-cheating speed skin for bike leg
- Velocity fabric on front, Velocity Mesh fabric on back and shoulders
- Raw-cut anatomically shaped elastic waist with silicone grippers
- YKK Vislon zipper
- 2 rear pockets can hold nutrition
- Sun protection of UPF 16 and up
- Lightweight to prevent overheating
- SnapLock fasteners to attach to Free Tri Shorts
- Also available in the Castelli Servizio Corse custom team program
The new T1:Stealth Top 2 is available in men’s and women’s versions. With an MSRP of €129.95 it comes in sizes S-3XL for men and XS-XL for women.