ACTIVE Network has announced new and improved benefits for members of ACTIVE Advantage, ACTIVE Network’s premium membership program for fitness enthusiasts and endurance competitors.
Through a strategic alliance with San Diego-based Road Runner Sports, self-described as ‘The World’s Largest Running and Walking Store’, with 40 retail locations across the US and a large e-commerce presence, ACTIVE Advantage members can now redeem a reward from Road Runner Sports that enables them to apply US$85 toward a select pair of running shoes that cost more than US$85.
This new US$85 benefit more than offsets the current cost of the ACTIVE Advantage annual membership fee of US$69.95. Additionally, Road Runner Sports offers ACTIVE Advantage members access to its ‘Fit Expert’ team, available to assist members at any time in-store and via phone or live chat in selecting the right brand, width, style and colour.
Created to inspire people to become more active by making it easier and less expensive for them to participate in the activities they love, ACTIVE Advantage offers its members a variety of benefits and rewards. Core program benefits include: discounts on products and services, a qualifying ‘5th-Registration-Free’ benefit, member-only coupons for popular races, early access to event registration, with no processing fees when registering for events on Active.com, and access to industry insider travel discounts.
“We’re continuing to invest in rewarding ACTIVE Advantage members with discounts and products and services at no additional cost from across both fitness and lifestyle marketplaces,” said Greg Ingino, Chief Information Officer at ACTIVE Network. “We are thrilled to be working with Road Runner Sports to deliver such a tangibly significant benefit to ACTIVE Advantage members, particularly given Road Runner’s reputation for ‘gold-standard’ customer service and expertise.”
To increase visibility and accessibility of Road Runner Sports and the company’s offerings, ACTIVE will feature Road Runner Sports within the ‘Shop’ section of ACTIVE.com, ACTIVE’s experiential website for active lifestyle enthusiasts that receives 50+ million monthly page views. In turn, Road Runner will promote ACTIVE event registration opportunities on its website and in stores.
“We couldn’t be more pleased to be working with ACTIVE Network to deliver this incredible offer to ACTIVE Advantage members this year,” said Michael Gotfredson Jr., Executive Vice President at Road Runner Sports. “ACTIVE shares our mission to enable as many people as possible to reap the benefits of an active lifestyle. By increasing access to running shoes through ACTIVE Advantage, Road Runner Sports supports this mission.”
In addition to the US$85 running shoe benefit through Road Runner Sports, members of ACTIVE Advantage can now also have access to a variety of new benefits at no additional cost. These benefits are specific to a respective member’s location:
- Nutrition Consultation (US$75 value) – a 30-60–minute consultation either in-person or via phone with a registered dietitian, including independent registered dietitians and partnerships with national and global associations.
- Personal Training Session (US$49 value) – a 60-minute personal training session with a vetted and certified personal trainer.
- Health and Wellness Session (Yoga, Zumba etc.) (US$50 value) – a health and wellness experience or class at a participating venue, including Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, gym membership trials, personal training sessions and more.
- Beauty Treatment (Haircut, Mani, Pedi, etc.) (US$50 value) – a beauty treatment that may include a haircut, manicure, pedicure, blowout, deep conditioning treatment and more.
- Photo Shoot and 5×7 Print (US$100 value) – a professional photo shoot either in studio or on location, which may include a 30- or 60-minute shoot, with one complimentary print (5″x7″) or digital copy included.
- Fun Pass (Bowling, Mini-golf, Zoo etc.) (US$35 value) – a fun pass from a wide range of suppliers that include activities ranging from roller skating, mini-golf, bowling, laser tag, museum pass and more.
To get started with ACTIVE Advantage, interested parties can elect to enrol in a 30-day trial as part of the online event registration process on ACTIVE.com or advantage.active.com. Following the trial period, the annual paid membership for ACTIVE Advantage is US$69.95.
The US$85 Road Runner Sports running shoe offer may be redeemed only by fully subscribed, annual ACTIVE Advantage paid members and is not available as part of the 30-day trial. Once completed, fully subscribed and paid up ACTIVE Advantage members may redeem the benefit option to select a pair of running shoes from Road Runner Sports in any of its retail stores, use the redemption offer online or redeem the offer via phone.
ACTIVE Network is a leading global marketplace for activities and events, connecting participants and activity organizers, while offering data solutions and insights to help organizers drive increased participation and revenue.
ACTIVE Network annually processes nearly 100 million registrations and more than US$3 billion in payments for over 47,000 organizers and 200,000 activities and events worldwide. Founded in 1999, ACTIVE Network is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.