Running from Friday 29 September through to Monday 1 October, the Outlier Offroad Festival 2017, presented by SRAM, blends elements of championship XC and Enduro racing in Vail, Colorado. With lift-served demos from some of the off-road industry’s best brands, new for 2017, the weekend also includes a fully-supported gravel bike adventure.
USAC Rocky Mountain Regional Championships – XC/Enduro
- US$2500 cash purse for both events
- Both serve as USA Cycling Rocky Mountain Regional Championships
- A top finish in any category at Outlier automatically qualifies for the 2018 National Championships
- New multi-lap XC course – using Vail’s aspen-lined singletracks to create ‘the ultimate XC and lift-served Enduro experience’
- Online registration ends at midnight on Thursday 28 September
- All entrants receive a 2017 Outlier t-shirt
Outlier Brevet Mixte Gravel/Road Ride
New for this year – the event is a 45 mile mixed gravel and road adventure. The organising team is sending riders through the historic towns of Minturn and Red Cliff before turning the route up and over Shrine and Vail Passes. Two aid stations on course will aim to keep all riders loaded with food and energy. All event participants receive an official Outlier Brevet tee.
- Thursday 28 September – demo load-in
- Friday-Sunday, 29 September to 1 October – Consumer Demo
- Saturday 30 September – USA Cycling Rocky Mountain Regional XC Championships
- Sunday 1 October – USA Cycling Rocky Mountain Regional Enduro Championships