French apparel and accessories specialist, EKOI?, has launched a new collection of FIT FIRST sunglasses that have been tested by the Quick Step Floors pro cycling team. According to EKOI?, discomfort created by badly-fitting sunglasses can lead to an irritating, at times even painful, sensation. So, the accessories firm has prioritised fit as the sunglasses’ key USP.
When meeting EKOI? engineers for the first time, pro cyclist Tom Boonen reportedly expressed a desire to wear perfectly fitting sunglasses; and EKO argues that FIT FIRST were the answer. Thanks to an elastomer insert situated in the centre of the frame, the sunglasses adjust naturally to each face morphology (narrow, regular or large) for ‘perfect holding without excessive pressure or unpleasant mobility’.
The insert also works as a dampening system providing support and preventing the glasses from falling off or slipping down the face, irrespective of the ground conditions (cobbles / MTB / cyclocross or running).
FIT FIRST also features six anti-fog vents. In addition to the Quick Step Floors team model, the glasses are available in seven colours and seven different polycarbonate lenses (100% anti UVA, UVB, UVC).
- For road and/or MTB cycling, triathlon and running
- Category 0 Clear lenses 100% anti UV for rainy weather
- Category 1 to 2 Grey or Blue Photochromic lenses for cloudy weather
- Category 1 to 3 Grey Photochromic lenses for changeable weather
- Category 3 Mirror lenses for sunny weather
- Category 3 Blue or Red Iridium lenses for intense brightness
- Lenses in unbreakable polycarbonate, 100% anti UVA, UVB, UVC
- Frame in 3D grilamid (light and bendable)
- Wraparound shape provides support
- Patented morphological model (central hinge pivot in elastomer)
- Weight: 35g
Available in Quick Step Floors Limited Edition or: black, black and white, white and black, white and red, orange and black, black and orange, green and black. Price: from €49,99 to €99,99 depending on the lenses.