Giro Sport Design has today announced the official release of its Prolight Techlace shoe. First teased at the Eurobike tradeshow last year, this ‘ultra-high performance shoe utilizes a 3-strap Techlace Pro closure system and Technical Mesh upper material for unbeatable comfort and breathability, together with a TeXtreme carbon fibre outsole to deliver a sub-150g shoe in size 42.5.’
The Prolight Techlace is available now from www.giro.com and authorized Giro dealers for US$400 / €399 / £349.
“Giro is dedicated to pushing the limits of professional-level gear,” said Simon Fisher, Giro Footwear Product Manager. “We wanted to make the absolute lightest shoe possible, but it still had to be comfortable for three weeks of 5 hour stages and, at the same time, deliver the efficient power transfer pros demand.
“The Prolight Techlace is a testament to Giro’s unique R&D capabilities, the depth of our partnerships with the world’s fastest riders, and our ability to create innovative materials and technologies to achieve our performance goals.”
Giro argues that three key features set the Prolight Techlace ahead of the pack:
- Techlace Pro closure system: combining the custom comfort and multiple contact points of laces with the ease and on-the-fly adjustability of hook and loop straps, ‘the Techlace Pro Closure instantly won converts when it debuted on Giro’s Factor Techlace’.
- Technical Mesh upper: built from a custom monofilament fibre, this reinforced mesh fabric is welded to Teijin TPU film to give structure, support and durability.
- TeXtreme carbon fibre outsole: used by top F1 race teams, TeXtreme spread tow carbon fibre uses a unique, flat weave that requires less resin allowing Giro to reduce the weight of its outsole by 22% while maintaining stiffness.
Full technical features:
- Weight: sub-150g in size 42.5
- Techlace Pro closure system
- Technical Mesh welded Teijin SL upper
- TeXtreme advanced carbon fibre outsole
- X-Static Prolight SuperNatural insole with adjustable arch support
- X-Static Prolight insole
- Bonded walking pad
- Titanium hardware
- Carry bag
- Colors: Bright Red, black, white
- Sizes: 39-48 w/ 1?2 sizes
- MSRP: US$400 / €399 / £349
Founded in Santa Cruz, California in 1985, Giro Sport Design has developed ‘new ideas to enhance the ride’. From lightweight, high-performance helmets for cycling and snowsports, to apparel, Giro maintains a strong focus on creating products that enhance the feeling of freedom and independence that are at the core of a rider’s experience.