Reporting to the CEO of US trade association Running USA, the organisation is seeking a Director of Membership. The Director of Membership role works collaboratively with the CEO, Board President, membership committee chair and Running USA staff to ensure a positive member experience for all Running USA members, to ‘achieve membership growth goals through membership recruitment and retention initiatives and to support leadership development’.
- Helps build a culture of superior member service at Running USA
- Oversees member service, new member on-boarding, and membership communications
- Works collaboratively to increase member value for members overall and for those in targeted segments
- Supports the growth of member value and a positive member experience
- Collaboratively develops an annual membership marketing and communications plan
- Develops and implements initiatives to achieve Running USA objectives for recruitment of new members
- Develops and implements initiatives to achieve Running USA objectives for retention of current members
- Develops and implements initiatives to ‘up-sell’ or move members to higher levels of membership
- Works with CEO and bookeeper to review monthly invoices (new + renewals) and reviews monthly AR reports to maintain bad debt levels
- Serves as director for membership committee and oversees preparation of agendas, background materials, minutes and other related activities
- Prepares reports for the Board of Directors and participates in Board meetings when appropriate
- Develops and manages project and department budgets
- Ensures department activities align with the strategic plan
- Oversees accuracy of the membership database
- Oversees projects and perform other duties as assigned by the CEO
- Occasional travel to meet with members, attend conferences, receptions and to other locations as assigned
- Content area expertise typically associated with completion of an undergraduate degree in a business-related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience at a manager or director level
- Previous customer service, business development, and/or association experience
- Previous supervisory and budget experience
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong team orientation and demonstrated ability to collaborate to achieve association objectives
- Self-starter and proven ability to work at home or in an isolated environment
- Director level: 5 years
- Management: 5 years
This position is salaried and no overtime pay is provided. Additional work hours are expected to complete projects/requests in a timely manner and may require more than typical work-weeks, for example during annual conference planning.
Running USA notes that the employee in this position works from home and must perform duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and be flexible relative to time zones of team, board and committee members.
The above statements should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed of the individual in this position. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Applicants should send a resume and related materials to work[at]runningusa.org.
Running USA is a tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization devoted to improving the status and experience of distance running and racing in the United States through ‘collective marketing and promotions, information and communications within the industry and to the national media, services to events and industry members, and the development of American world class stars.’
The organization adds that it seeks the advancement of the sport and the provision of value to each of its members’ events and businesses.