Celebrating a century of toolmaking, SILCA is introducing a new SILCA PISTA Track Pump and HX-ONE tool-set.
Re-introducing the PISTA track pump, the SILCA team notes that it ‘went through great lengths to preserve the aesthetics and form of the original PISTA while improving function and durability, using the finest materials paired with modern engineering and assembly.’
Each PISTA pump comes with an optional anniversary travel bag made from 600D Nylon and Canvas, with multiple storage pockets. According to SILCA, in 1940 the original Pista ‘set the industry standard for precision inflation, durability, and ease of service becoming the go-to pump for professional and home mechanics.’
Fast forward nearly 80 years and SILCA is introducing an all new pump. Taking cues from the original, the new PISTA incorporates a high-strength, steel-barrel with a flat profile and smaller size that make the pump travel friendly, especially when paired with the limited edition travel case. The PISTA is available as a stand alone pump for US$125 or with the travel bag for US$199.
- High-strength barrel / ash wood handle / fully serviceable
- Rated to 220psi
- SILCA Leather Plunger Piston Design
- 600D Nylon and Canvas travel case
- Brass check-valve assembly
- Long filler hose with integrated schrader chuck
- Push-on alloy presta chuck with bleeder valve
- MSRP: US$125, or US$199 with travel bag
To celebrate a century of toolmaking for performance cycling, SILCA has released a limited edition set of Anniversary HX-ONE hex keys. The fully forged S2 steel keys are encased in a limited edition box ‘made from the heartwood of American Walnut trees’. Each HX-ONE box is adorned with SILCA’s centennial emblem, hand-painted on 304 stainless steel.
Made of S-2 Steel, which ‘yields stronger tools with much harder surfaces for prolonged tool life’, the HX-ONE keys are then coated with thin-dense chrome, a process generally reserved for moulded tool components or optical grade surfaces. According to SILCA, this coating provides the hardest, most dimensionally stable finish possible on each hex key.
Finally, each tool is spray coated with a textured polymer finish for maximum grip and control. Included with the Anniversary HX-One kit is the proprietary SILCA 17-4 Stainless Magnetic Adapter. The adapter turns the 6mm Hex Key into a ¼” socket drive which can fit any common ¼” driver bit. Included in the kit are the 6 most common Torx sizes, 2 Phillips head and 2 flat head drivers.
- Heartwood of American Walnut Box
- S2 Steel hex keys: 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm
- Red polymer coating for superior grip
- Custom S2 Steel bit adapter to standard 1/4” bit
- 10 S2 Steel bits found in every cycling workshop: Torx T8, T10, T15, T20, T25, & T30
- Two sizes of each Phillips and flat screwdriver heads
- SILCA standard adapters for star keys and other common fasteners
- MSRP: US$185