Brand new helmets from KASK will be on display for the first time at this year’s Eurobike show, including the VALEGRO, which has been worn by Team Sky in their dominant 2017 season. Trade show visitors and consumers can visit the KASK area on stand A3-103 (Merida & Centurion) at Eurobike to see the full range from KASK including the brand new VALEGRO and the MISTRAL, which will be on display for the first time.
This brand new helmet has been designed in cooperation with the Australian Track Cycling Team and has been engineered for both triathlon and track cycling performance. KASK has specifically developed air intakes to give riders the maximum aerodynamic advantage with minimum heat build-up.
At the upcoming IRONMAN World Championship in Kailua-Kona, the MISTRAL helmet will be worn for the first time by KASK’s sponsored athletes including Michelle Vesterby.
- Ventilation provided by six front openings, two rear exhausts plus extended inner channelling
- 3D dry tri-dimensional padding
- In-moulding technology
- Chin pad with eco-leather chinstrap
- Self-adjusting lateral divider
- Sizes – Medium (55-58c); Large (59-62cm)
- Weight – 345g (375g with visor, size medium – CE EN 1078)
Accessories include a magnetic visor available in clear, orange or silver, an internal spare pad, plus an insulating winter cap. The MISTRAL will be available in 7 colour variants: Black/Light Blue, Black/Red, Black/Lime, Black/White, Blue/Light Blue, Black/Anthracite and White/Silver.
Like KASK’s other road helmets, the VALEGRO has been developed with and for Team Sky’s multiple Grand Tour winning riders, and is based on their feedback from some of the most punishing race conditions possible.
- Maximum cooling via 37 air intakes, resulting in a head-to-pad contact area up to 70% less than some conventional helmet designs
- Antistatic, bacteriostatic, heat regulating and moisture transferring Resistex Carbon padding
- A brand new moulding technology has enabled KASK’s design team to provide Team Sky with a super lightweight version, weighing just 180g (size small)
- Valegro’s new breathable and quick-dry padding, including a 5mm layer of fast-wicking material that takes moisture away from the rider’s head and moves it to the helmet’s outer shell, contribute to ‘a helmet that’s comfortable to wear, all day’
- New front and rear sunglasses garages
- Sizes – S (50-56 cm); M (52-58 cm); L (59-62 cm)
- Weight – 180g (Small size) (CE)
Resistex Carbon is a yarn with unique technical characteristics involving a continuous filament of conductive material based on active carbon. Benefits of using this fibre include:
- Antistatic – disperses electrical charges accumulated from the environment during physical exercise
- Bacteriostatic – respects the skin and protects it from bacteria and polluting allergies
- Heat regulating – the fibres can help to speed up the evaporation of perspiration and helps maintain a constant temperature
The VALEGRO helmet will be available in December in the following colours: White, Red, Lime, Light Blue, Black/White, Navy Blue, Matt Black, Matt Blue and Matt Anthracite.
In addition to the MISTRAL and the VALEGRO helmets, the INFINITY helmet will be available in five new colours for the 2018 season: Blue/Yellow Fluro; Blue/Light Blue; Black/Black; Red/Red; and Light Blue/Light Blue.