The Hong Kong Sports Institute (HKSI), the territory’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems, is looking for a Triathlon Coach. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results.
Reporting to the Head Triathlon Coach, the Triathlon Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To coordinate, design and implement training programmes for elite athletes in Hong Kong;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To monitor athlete performance through comprehensive, multi-method assessment and regular evaluation;
- To provide timely and critically analyzed progress reports to the HKSI and Hong Kong Triathlon Association;
- To be responsible for administrative matters related to local and overseas squad training and competitions;
- To supervise assistant coaches and part-time coaches;
- To assist the HKSI and Hong Kong Triathlon Association with coach education programmes; and
- To oversee and coordinate the Talent Identification Development Programme.
- University degree or equivalent;
- Holder of a recognized coaching qualification equivalent to Hong Kong Coach Accreditation Programme Level 3 Certificate;
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional coaching experience and proven record of achievement in coaching triathlon athletes at national level or its equivalent;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High level of computer literacy; and
- awareness/ knowledge of child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Candidates should send a full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: hrdept[at]hksi.org.hk on or before 22 April 2018. Quote reference no. HKSI-20180409-TRC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. The position has an annual performance based remuneration package ranges from HK$443,124 to HK$843,348.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.