Lennard Zinn, one of the world’s leading experts on bicycle maintenance and repair, has released the new sixth edition of his best-selling guide Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance. Offering simple step-by-step instructions to vintage components as well as the newest systems for shifting, suspension, and braking, Zinn’s sixth edition is positioned as the most complete resource for DIY mountain bike service.
The book is now available in bookstores, bike shops, and online. A preview of the book and the expanded table of contents can be found at velopress.com/zinn.
Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance is the world’s best-selling guide to the maintenance and repair of mountain bikes, hybrids and fat bikes. From basic repairs like how to fix a flat to advanced overhauls of drivetrains and brakes, Lennard Zinn’s clearly illustrated guide ‘makes every bike repair and maintenance job easy for everyone’.
The user-friendly, step-by-step guide explains the tools and parts needed. The book’s two-colour interior is designed to be easy to read – even in a dimly-lit garage or workshop. More than 750 hand-drawn illustrations and exploded-parts diagrams show j’ust the right level of detail to lead you through every mountain bike repair task’.
New in Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance, 6th Ed.:
- New chapter on electronic shifting covers maintenance, service, repair and troubleshooting of all Shimano electronic shifting groups. Also included: how to program an electronic shifting system for personalized shifting as well as real-time display and shift recording on a head unit.
- New chapter on disc brakes covers maintenance, service and repair of all hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Complete info on the new 11-speed and SRAM 12-speed drivetrains.
- New guidelines on wheel size selection for frame size, suspension settings and travel.
- New procedures for mounting and sealing tubeless tyre systems.
- Updated guides on replacing press-in bottom brackets with thread-in bottom brackets.
- New wheel lacing guidelines for building disc-brake compatible wheels.
- More than 750 comprehensive illustrations and exploded views including 150 new or revised illustrations.
- Updated and expanded guides on how to tune, rebuild and maintain suspension forks and rear shocks.
- Updated and revised troubleshooting tables, torque tables, and gearing charts for 26″, 27.5″, and 29″ bikes.
Also covered in the 6th edition: All derailleur shifting systems; all bottom bracket systems; all brake systems; all headset, stem, handlebar and fork systems; wheelbuilding for all bikes; updated and expanded torque tables; complete indexes of all illustrations and topics covered.
Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance, 6th Ed.: The World’s Best-Selling Guide to Mountain Bike Repair
Paperback with two-color interior and 750+ illustrations throughout.
8 1/2″ x 11″, 504 pp., $26.95, 9781937715472
Lennard Zinn is a world’s leading expert on bike maintenance and repair. He is a world-renowned bicycle technician, frame builder, and tech writer for VeloNews. Zinn was a member of the US national racing team and has been riding and fixing bikes for nearly 50 years. A professional frame builder for his business Zinn Cycles, Lennard hosts the popular bike tech Q&A column on VeloNews.com. His best-selling bike maintenance and repair books include Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance, Zinn & the Art of Triathlon Bikes, Zinn’s Cycling Primer, The Mountain Bike Performance Handbook, and The Mountain Bike Owner’s Manual.
VeloPress is a leading publisher of books about endurance sports. Focused on cycling, triathlon, running and swimming, VeloPress adds that its books help committed athletes achieve their goals of going faster and farther. VeloPress authors are top experts in their fields and their clearly illustrated books can help athletes develop the knowledge, fitness, and skills. VeloPress is part of Pocket Outdoor Media, a newly-formed media company that publishes Competitor.com, Women’s Running, Triathlete, and VeloNews magazines.