Sponsored by MR PORTER, the retail and content destination for men’s style, Nocturne London is back in 2018 and gearing up to deliver ‘an action-packed cycling festival on the vibrant streets of London, as the city celebrates 200 years of UK cycling.’
The free-to-attend event, held on 9th June from 14:00-22:30 GMT, ‘has something for every type of cyclist and offers an exceptional spectator experience for the whole family to enjoy.’ As day turns to night in June cycling fans canl see Penny Farthings, fixed gear bikes, World Tour riders and much more race around a fully-barriered race circuit.
Live music, event villages, big screens, bars and VIP hospitality areas aim to create a unique atmosphere around the racing track, ensuring plenty of entertainment for all. The organising team adds that, ‘while you may only need one to attend this innovative celebration of cycling, here are nine reasons to be at this year’s MR PORTER Nocturne London.’
1) The coolest cycling event you’ll be a part of – watch or ride in events like the Penny Farthing race during the daytime and then cheer on the elite riders under London’s streetlights in the evening.
2) London’s city centre transformed – Cheapside, the historic and modern financial centre of London is transformed into a closed 1.2 kilometre circuit in the heart of the city. The finish line is dramatically positioned under the shadow of St Paul’s Cathedral.
3) Chance to rub shoulders with UK’s best cyclists – semi-pro and pro cyclists love Mr Porter Nocturne London as much as the fans do. You’ll have the chance to mingle with the likes of Ed Clancy pre and post-race.
4) Closed-circuit racing – experience the speed, victories and crashes up close with thousands of others by lining the circuit barriers that snake their way around Cheapside.
5) Witness the booming fixed gear criterium racing – brakeless fixed gear crits take racing to a whole new level. Be enthralled by the technical and aggressive racing and soak up the incredible atmosphere.
6) Concours d’élégance – revel in the pageantry and pomp of the most polite cycling race of all time. Participants compete for the most elegant entry, best bike and most considerate cycling style.
7) Beer and street food – it’s not only the cycling that will whet your appetite. You’ll find an array of top-class alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as well as delicious food at the hospitality area.
8) Something for all the family – keep the kids busy away from the track with a range of entertainment and activities including a pump track.
9) Perfect way to begin Bike Week – whether you head to the event with your cycling mates or look to introduce someone new to the sport, MR PORTER Nocturne London is the perfect way to experience cycling.
Since launching in February 2011, MR PORTER has established itself as an award-winning global retail and content destination for men’s style, with a product offering from many of the world’s best menswear and lifestyle brands, including own labels Mr P. and Kingsman. MR PORTER also publishes content through its weekly shoppable digital magazine, The Journal, its bimonthly newspaper, The MR PORTER Post, and its bite-sized, several-times-a-day digital news source, The Daily. MR PORTER offers express worldwide shipping to more than 170 countries, including same-day delivery to New York and London, and provides a ‘seamless shopping experience across mobile, tablet, and desktop, with easy returns and multi-lingual customer care and personal-shopping teams who are available 24/7, 365 days a year.’