Billed as a ‘great first Rapha purchase for the avid commuter’, Rapha notes that its new Commuter Jacket is ‘up to the challenge of city riding, from rainy early starts to looking sharp for post-work socialising and being seen on the night ride home.’
Priced at £100, the jacket incorporates a range of features to keep riders ‘seen and dry’. It comes in four colours and will be available as of Tuesday, 25th September.
The jacket is constructed from a hard-wearing yet breathable microporous fabric made exclusively for Rapha, with a hydrophobic membrane and DWR treatment for additional waterproofing. This fabric technology is combined with a robust, fully seam-sealed construction, and the jacket is available in men’s and women’s versions and in four colourways.
- The back of the jacket features a reflective dot pattern, carefully positioned to be visible just below a backpack and directly in a driver’s line of sight.
- An integrated membrane keeps the rain out but also lets sweat escape, with a dry touch print on the inside to prevent build-up of moisture and DWR for additional waterproofing.
- Unlike other cycling jackets in the same price bracket, Rapha notes that all of the seams on the Commuter Jacket are sealed to keep water out.
- An elasticated hem, adjustable hood, secure front zipped pockets and storm binding at the cuffs provide extra protection in the rain.
- ‘A relaxed fit and subtle styling make it a stylish, comfortable jacket off the bike.’
With an Aquaguard off-centre waterproof zip, integrated hood adjusters and fully sealed seams, Rapha points out that the Commuter Jacket is more technical than equivalent jackets from well-known outdoor brands.
Available in Yellow, Bright Orange, Hi-Vis Pink and Black for men and Yellow, Hi-Vis Pink and Black for women.