Running & fitness online retail specialist, realbuzz.com has been unveiled as the new title sponsor for this autumn’s Richmond RUNFEST. Over 8,000 runners will gather at Kew Gardens in South West London across the weekend of 15-16 September to participate in the sixth edition of the popular running festival.
100 runners, plus GB Olympian and World Athletics Medallist, Jenny Meadows, gathered at the new realbuzz Piccadilly Circus store this week (Wednesday 25 July) to announce the title sponsorship and enjoy a group 5k training run around St James’ Park in central London.
To add to the ‘buzz’ of the night, the Richmond RUNFEST organising team also revealed the newest addition to the event line-up – the Richmond 5k: Pirate Run. Taking place at 12.30 BST on Saturday 15 September, the Richmond 5k: Pirate Run will journey round Old Deer Park in Richmond. The race will be chip timed and runners will receive a t-shirt and race medal.
Paul Eaton, Chief Marketing Officer at realbuzz.com said “We are excited to be joining forces with one of the UK’s finest running festivals. We cannot wait to meet the thousands taking part, not only to provide expert training advice and the latest sports apparel and shoes, but to support their running journeys and cheer them across the line in September.”
Tom Bedford, Richmond RUNFEST Race Director added, “We are so proud to welcome realbuzz.com to the Richmond RunFest family and look forward to a brilliant festival in September. The two teams fit perfectly together with one common goal; to encourage more people of all ages and fitness abilities to enjoy the sport of running.”
He continued, “Our new 5k is a much anticipated addition to our line-up and we can’t wait to unveil the numerous surprises we have planned for the route. With our theme confirmed as Neverland, Peter Pan, mermaids, lost boys, crocodiles, Captain Hook and the Pirates of the Jolly Roger, this will create a very magical race experience for thousands of families.”
The realbuzz.com Richmond RUNFEST races include:
- Saturday 15th September: Newly unveiled and open for entries, Richmond 5k; Pirate Run, two loops of Old Deer Park (12.30). Race entry: £12.00. Followed by 1,500 kids running in the Richmond Kids Mile. Race entry: £10.
- Saturday 15th September: ‘London’s flattest 10k’, running entirely inside the Royal Botanic Gardens with views of the newly restored Temperate House. ‘Flat, fast; great for PB hunters.’
- Sunday 16th September: Half and full marathon through Kew Gardens, Ham House and Hampton Court Palace.
- Sunday 16th September: Family Mile, a fun run at Old Deer Park for children over the age of 5 and their families.
- Goddess of Victory Challenge: run two races across the weekend including 5k or 10k and half or full marathon to be in with the chance of an exclusive medal, Goddess of Victory ranking and prize money.
Charity places are still available for the 10k, half and full marathon.