Rapha’s Festive 500 is back for a ninth year, challenging cyclists worldwide to ride 500 kilometres between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. The Festive 500 began in 2010 with Rapha designer Graeme Raeburn challenging himself to keep riding over the holidays.
‘Now, thousands of people from all over the globe take up their bikes and attempt to complete what has become a rite of passage for those in the know.’
Rapha has provided an outline for how riders can get involved with this year’s Festive 500…
Prove your K’s: Prove you’ve done the kilometres by signing up to the challenge on Strava and tracking the distance on your GPS device. On Strava you will get digital badges for every milestone you hit throughout the challenge. Upon completion of the entire distance, visit rapha.cc/festive500 to register for your roundel.
Alternatively, in the spirit of the season, this year you can choose to forego your roundel and Rapha will make a donation of equal value to World Bicycle Relief on your behalf.
Ride With Us: Rapha Clubhouses globally will have a packed schedule of rides and events over December to both prepare you for and see you through the challenge. Everyone knows that riding with friends makes the distance go by quicker – for a group to help you go the distance, sign up to a ride in your local Rapha Clubhouse. RCC members can search for rides posted on the RCC app.
Introducing the Festive 500 Collection: For the second year running, Festive 500 entrants can show their accomplishment with a specially designed collection. Featuring a Cap, Winter Hat, Socks, Musette, Essentials Case, Ass Saver, and T-shirts for both men and women, the collection’s design is based on the geometric patterns taken from road patterns and surfaces encountered during the challenge.
Win a #Festive500 Canyon and other prizes: Follow @rapha and use #Festive500 to show us the progress of your rides. There will be a daily award for the best post on social media, with prize bundles from the collection up for grabs. After the challenge concludes, tell us your best stories from your #Festive500 for the annual Festive 500 Awards, with categories including Best Story, Most Adventurous Ride, Most Epic Fail, and Best Group Entry.
Prizes include a special edition Canyon Ultimate featuring Festive 500 decals, a Wahoo Bolt Bundle, and Rapha Custom kit for you and four friends.
Festive 500 apparel pricing (RRP
- Ass Saver £10 / AU$20 / C$18 / CHF 15 / DKK 100 / €12 / HK$90 / ¥1600 / US$15
- Bidon £15 / AU$27 / C$30 / CHF 20 / DKK 140 / €17.5 / HK$130 / ¥2500 / $14
- Cap £20 / AU$35 / C$35 / CHF 25 / DKK 200 / €25 / HK$180 / ¥3500 / US$30
- Essentials Case £25 / AU$45 / C$45 / CHF 35 / DKK 250 / €30 / HK$220 / ¥4000 / US$35
- Winter Hat £35 / AU$65 / C$65 / CHF 45 / DKK 320 / €40 / HK$310 / ¥6000 / US$50
- Musette £20 / AU$35 / C$35 / CHF 25 / DKK 200 / €25 / HK$180 / ¥3500 / US$30
- Socks £15 / AU$27 / C$30 / CHF 20 / DKK 140 / €17.5 / HK$130 / ¥2500 / US$20
- T-shirt £30 / AU$55 / C$55 / CHF 40 / DKK 290 / €35 / HK$270 / ¥5000 / US$40