Triathlon Business International (TBI), the industry organization dedicated to advancing the business and sport of triathlon, has announced the election results for its 2018-19 Board of Directors and officers. The 23 TBI shareholders nominate Board candidates and then elect 13 to guide the organization for the coming year.
The following individuals comprise the TBI Board of Directors for 2018-19 (in alphabetical order):
- Richard Adler, industry consultant, Malvern, PA
- John Duquette, blueseventy, Seattle, WA
- Dan Empfield, Slowtwitch.com, Valyermo, CA
- Kelly Burns Gallagher, Sonic Endurance (new), Hartford, CT
- Sarah Hartmann, IRONMAN Foundation (new), Tampa, FL
- Peter Hurley, American Bicycle Group, Chattanooga, TN
- Eric Koenigs, ACTIVE Network (new), Dallas, TX
- Jesse Kropelnicki, Q2 Systems, LLC, Scituate, MA
- Richelle Love, Tri It MultiSport, Canada
- Trent Nix, Tri Shop (new), Plano, TX
- Mike Reilly, consultant & ‘Voice of IRONMAN’, Poway, CA
- Gary Roethenbaugh, MultiSport Research, Bristol, UK
- Karen Sing, industry consultant/Slowtwitch, Vista, CA
In accordance with the TBI by-laws, the current officers Dan Empfield (President), Richard Adler (CFO) and John Duquette (Secretary) will continue in their respective roles.
“I congratulate and welcome our new and returning Board members,” said TBI President Dan Empfield. “I’m honoured by the trust they’ve placed in me. I’d also like to express my thanks to Richard Adler and John Duquette for their leadership during the past year and their continued work and support in the coming year.”
The 2019 Annual Conference will again be held in Tempe, Arizona, at the Mission Palms Resort and is scheduled for January 25-27th, 2019. Registration will open later this month.
Those wishing to become a member of TBI and enjoy the benefits of membership can join online.
Triathlon Business International is positioned as the world’s leading organization dedicated to promoting the sport and business of triathlon. Founded by a coalition of industry leaders, TBI’s mission is to leverage the knowledge, talent and resources of the leaders in triathlon to the benefit of the sport by increasing and retaining advocates of triathlon and fostering a positive image of the sport.
TBI will produce its 9th Annual Business Conference on January 25-27, 2019 at the Tempe (AZ) Mission Palms Resort. The annual conference is ‘where the business of triathlon gets done’.