Triathlon Business International (TBI) is now taking submissions for the best published triathlon article, best published photo, and best event video for 2018. Article and photo publication may be in a printed periodical, book, newsletter or an online outlet. The event video submittals may not be longer than two minutes.
Due by December 31, 2018, winners will be recognized at the 9th annual Triathlon Business International Conference in Tempe AZ, on January 25-27, 2019.
Best triathlon article and photo selection criteria:
- Triathlon article or photo must be published and have appeared in a print or online media outlet in the 2018 calendar year.
- Individual writers and photographers may self-submit as long as the article/photo was published. Publications may submit an article or photo on behalf of the author(s) or photographer(s). Proof of publication must be provided with the article. A PDF of the article must also be submitted. If the article has been published on line, a link to the article must be included.
- Publications may enter multiple submissions, but only three submissions are allowed per author or photographer. If a writer is also a photographer (or vice versa), he/she may submit no more than three articles and three photos.
- Photographs must be submitted as the image only. Images incorporated into covers, articles or other layouts will not be accepted.
- Photographers should not ‘watermark’ images. In fairness to all, judging is blind. TBI will not use images for any purpose without your advance, express permission.
- Submissions must include the name, email address and phone number of the author or photographer.
- Deadline for entries is December 31, 2018.
Best triathlon event video criteria:
- Must be about a triathlon event, which can include: duathlon, off-road/XTERRA, any distance from sprint to IRONMAN.
- Can be used for any purpose, but the purpose must be included in the submittal email (e.g., pre-event promotion, post-event promo).
- Submitted videos cannot be longer than 2 minutes.
- Submissions must include the submitter’s name, email address, and event/product name.
- Nominations close on December 31, 2018. The best article, photo and event video from nominations are selected by a voting panel consisting of Triathlon Business International board members, shareholders, and media professionals from outside the triathlon industry.
All submissions should be sent to jan[at]triathlonbusinessintl.com.
9th Annual Conference
TBI Conference registration is now open; details and online registration are available online.
Conference partners include: ACTIVE (technology); Headsweats (headwear); Endurance Sportswire (media); MPA Event Graphics (corporate); Ashworth Awards (corporate); FinisherPix (corporate).
Sponsorship and expo opportunities can be received by contacting Triathlon Business International via its website.