The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series has announced Toyota as the title partner of the 2018 Rock ‘n’ Roll Dallas Half Marathon. One of the largest half-marathons in the state of Texas, the event will welcome more than 13,000 participants to the streets of downtown Dallas on the weekend of March 24-25, 2018.
“Toyota is proud to serve as the title sponsor of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Dallas Half Marathon, an event that is especially meaningful now that the Toyota Motor North America team calls Texas home,” said Tyler McBride, Engagement Marketing Manager, Toyota Motor North America. “Over 200 Team Toyota participants will compete in the 5K and Half Marathon and many others will cheer on runners at the Toyota Cheer Station between Mile 7-8. We look forward to supporting a partnership that’s not only important to Toyota but to the thousands that participate in the race weekend experience.”
The Dallas announcement expands Toyota’s partnership with the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series, where the brand has served as the Official Auto and Title Sponsor of the Toyota Rock ‘n’ Roll Concert Series, since 2015. As part of the new agreement, Toyota will continue to have a branded mile on course as well as an interactive footprint at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series’ Health & Fitness Expo.
Fans can participate in activities including:
- Toyota Ride & Drive: runners and spectators can drive the same Toyota vehicles being used on race day and receive a US$10 merchandise certificate to use in the race merch store.
- Prius CARb Load Challenge: as a nod to runners who carb-load before a big race, guests will compete to fill the cargo space in the Prius with carb-shaped pillows as quickly as possible.
- Sienna #ToyotaGiving heat Press: guests will answer ‘I run for:’ with the phrase printed on an applique. For each guest who participates, US$1 will be donated to Team in Training, benefitting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- As part of the finish festival at The Lawn at Reunion Tower, taking place on Sunday, March 25, from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m., guests can have the half marathon route screen printed on a Prius custom race cinch bag. Guests can also take photos and share who they are running for in support of the #ToyotaGiving program.
- Additionally, Toyota owners will enjoy a special gift at both the expo and the Finish Fest by showing their Toyota key to a representative at the Toyota booth.
“Having a strong Texas based partner like Toyota as our title sponsor is key to our continued success in Dallas,” said John Smith, Senior Vice President, Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series. “Participants can expect to see Toyota employees out on the course race weekend, either running or volunteering and cheering participants on from their Toyota Cheer Station. We look forward to elevating the runner experience further with this expanded partnership.”
The musically themed Toyota Rock ‘n’ Roll Dallas Half Marathon starts on Young St. and Lamar St. (near the Omni Dallas Hotel) and takes runners on a tour of downtown including the sights of Deep Ellum, Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge, The Bishop Arts District and Houston Street Bridge. Participants are treated to views of the downtown Dallas skyline before crossing the finish line at The Lawn at Reunion.
The event will once again feature two days of running with the Toyota Rock ‘n’ Roll 5K presented by Brooks on Saturday at 07:45 local time in Fair Park. Participants can take the ‘Remix Challenge’ by running both Saturday and Sunday and earn the Remix Challenge medal in addition to each race’s finisher medals.
In true Rock ‘n’ Roll fashion local bands will play through the streets of Dallas, along with spectators and high school cheerleading teams lining the route to motivate runners to the finish line. In 2018, runners will be introduced to the all-new Rock ‘n’ Roll race experience with a renewed focus on the core pillars of ‘bringing fun to the run with great music in a community environment’. Upon finishing, participants are invited to relax and celebrate with family and friends at the Toyota Rock ‘n’ Roll Concert Series, featuring Hayes Carll.
The race weekend kicks off with a free Health & Fitness Expo, where runners can find some of the latest running technologies, fitness apparel, health and nutrition information and interactive displays. The Expo takes place at Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center on Friday, March 23 from midday to 18:00, and Saturday, March 24 from 10:00 – 17:00 pm. The Expo is free and open to the public. Information and registration is available online at RunRocknRoll.com/Dallas. The Finish Fest at The Lawn at Reunion Tower takes place Sunday, March 25 from 08:00 am – 13:00.