Ahead of this year’s IRONMAN World Championship in Kona, Hawai’i, Italian accessories specialist fizik has unveiled products from the new fizik Transiro family. The Transiro range has been developed with testing and feedback input from top-level professional triathletes, including four-time IRONMAN Champion, Michelle Vesterby, and athletes from the BMC-Vifit Pro Triathlon Team, who have been using the new shoes and saddles for more than a year.
Transiro Infinito R1 Knit shoes
Aiming to turn heads in Hawaii, and now available worldwide, Transiro Infinito R1 Knit are fizik’s new range-topping triathlon shoes.
The company adds…
- This super breathable, high-performance shoe is ideally suited to the toughest triathlon formats. With easy entry, matchless fit and optimum breathability from its unique knitted upper the Transiro Infinito R1 Knit is perfect for long distance racing.
- They’re light and stiff and feature fizik’s most advanced fit technologies – Volume Control, Infinito and Dynamic Arch Support for quick, intuitive zonal fit with micro-adjustment from twin Boa dials for a secure, ‘locked-in’ feel.
- Foot entry at transition is quick and easy. Transiro Infinito R1 Knit’s lower cut neck has a cushioned flat-seam collar for a smooth sockless foot entry and riding comfort.
- The construction is enhanced by fizik’s unique knitted material upper – with additional water-repellent treatment ensuring that the yarn does not absorb moisture – for comfort, enhanced ventilation and quick drying after T1.
- Transiro Infinito R1 Knit has a large rubberized heel loop for setting the shoes on the bike ready for transition.
Transiro Mistica Carbon saddle
The tri-specific Transiro Mistica Carbon saddle is shaped to enable athletes to get the best aerodynamic position, along with comfort for high-level competition performance.
At a UCI regulations-compliant 241mm long and with a nose width of just 55mm, its stubby profile is designed to deliver performance in the aero tuck position; while the new seamless, friction-free nose construction delivers improved riding comfort.
With an ergonomically profiled channel for better weight distribution across the rider’s sit bones, an extra grippy Microtex cover, a full carriage kit and a generous Front Transition Hook, Transiro Mistica Carbon is available in Regular and Large sizes, with 135 and 141mm widths at the sit bones.
“I’m delighted with the new Transiro range, especially the Infinito R1 Knit shoes,” said professional triathlete, Michelle Vesterby. “Knowing that you’ve got perfect shoe fit is vitally important for any triathlete to race at their best with no rubbing or distractions. And for amazing ventilation and quick transition, quick drying it all helps for this year’s Kona that I’m super excited about!”
“We’re delighted to unveil the new Transiro product family, and what better occasion than the week of the IRONMAN World Championship!” said Luca Mathia Bertoncello, fizik’s Brand Director. “fizik products are about making the best possible interface between the athlete and their machine, and nowhere is that in finer focus than at the very highest level of triathlon competition. We expect the shoes and saddles to help athletes here, and throughout the races calendar at every level. Good luck to everyone competing at Kona this year!”