ASICS has opened its new EMEA headquarters. Designed to reflect its ‘Sound Mind in a Sound Body’ philosophy the facility has been designed to look after the physical and mental well-being of its employees. The new office in Greater Amsterdam, the Netherlands, has been designed to encourage movement and reduce stress through the use of space, light and natural materials and through fitness and well-being facilities.
Alistair Cameron, Executive Officer of ASICS Corporation and EMEA CEO said, “Our incredible new home in EMEA is a true reflection of who we are and what we stand for. At ASICS, we know the power of movement to improve both physical and mental well-being and that’s why it’s at the core of everything we do.
“This inspiring new space is a testament to how much we care about the well-being of everyone who works with us and I’m sure it will bring prosperity and harmony for many years to come.”
Designed in partnership with CBRE, RED Company and Power House Company the building has achieved a LEED/WELL Gold Building Standard. Specific features include:
- Internal staircases to encourage physical movement
- State-of-the-art gym facilities for use during the working day
- Focus work spaces to aid concentration
- Climate installations to help with a healthy indoor environment
- Vegetation to reduce stress and enhance air quality
- Atrium with 1,000 glass panels to allow natural light
- Low toxin, natural materials, including the use of 20,000 bamboo panels
The 11,600 square metre building has been designed around a central atrium with state-of-the digital showrooms to showcase ASICS innovation and craftsmanship. The building includes a variety of work spaces to enhance concentration and foster collaboration, including individual workstations, large team meeting rooms and focus rooms.