Data-driven business models, digitally networked bicycles and a Spotify-like approach to mobility are all examples of how the digital era could influence and transform the bike industry in future. To analyse the road ahead and help keep pace with change, the Bike Biz Revolution conference is taking place the day before the Eurobike trade show in Germany, on Tuesday, 3 September, from 13:00 to 18:00 CET.
Eurobike 2019, the leading international bike industry show, opens to trade visitors for three business days (4-6 September) and for all bike fans on the Eurobike Festival Day on Saturday, 7 September 2019.
“We knew that we had hit the mark when we saw the high level of interest in working with us to actively shape the event,” said Eurobike Project Manager Dirk Heidrich. “Bike Biz Revolution participants can look forward to a high-level expert programme of content.
“We deliberately chose to include a mix of themes and speakers including technical pioneers, disruptive thinkers and pragmatic and creative innovators with practical solutions directly relevant to the industry.”
He continued, “The day before the show start is already an important day for the media and company meetings. And now it’s now gaining even greater significance.
The first theme block at the Bike Biz Revolution conference is Data Driven Business. This looks at the data-driven business models and product data analysis that are becoming increasingly significant in the big data era.
There are presentations from:
- Rose Bikes (‘That’s how digital information leadership works’);
- Bidex – Bike Date Exchange (‘Disruption is only for starters’);
- Alex Thussbass is talking about ‘Product data – The new oil of the sales engine’; and
- Creative agency Managing Director Peter Post will be discussing the new digital industry platform and the international bike business.
The next theme block is entitled The Future of Mobility. This covers:
- Connected Bikes (Christian Anuth from Haveltec)
- Smart Bikes (Kresimir Hlede from Greyp Bikes)
- Tthe successful bike rental scheme Swap Fiets (Martijn Obers)
- While Thomas Sauter-Servaes from Zurich University of Applied Sciences will be talking about artificial intelligence and its impact on mobility behaviour.
There is a coffee break before the final part of the programme: The Future of Bike Biz:
- Scott and Adrian Montgomery from Cranktank will then be looking at how the bike market is changing in the US. ‘Online Bike Retailing: How digital sales tools will transform the bike market’;
- Dr Björn Stapelfeldt from Smartfit by Radlabor); and
- ‘The Change of our mobility behaviour in the next 10 years’ (Kristjan Maruste from Comodule) round off the event.
The Bike Biz Revolution programme is moderated by Frank Puscher, a journalist specialising in e-commerce, user experience, online marketing, digital transformation and new technology.
Bike Biz Revolution – Conference
- Date: Tuesday, 3 September 2019, 13:00-18:00 CET
- Location: Messe Friedrichshafen Rooms Berlin/Paris
- Language: English
- Participation fee: €100 incl. food and refreshments
- Organised by: Messe Friedrichshafen