USA Cycling President and CEO Rob DeMartini has named Bouker Pool as the organization’s first Chief Commercial Officer, overseeing marketing, membership and Sponsorship. Pool joins the organization after leading the business operations, commercial partnerships and marketing efforts of multiple sport and investment groups, including USA Today, Competitor Group and Rodale Inc. He will begin his new position immediately in Colorado Springs.
“Bouker brings a winning track record in the commercial sector,” said Rob DeMartini. “Having success at Competitor Group with events like the Rock’n’Roll Marathon series, the strengths he brings to USA Cycling will better serve our members, events, partners and our new initiatives.
“We are excited to have him lead our business team as we approach the 2020 Summer Olympics, our 100th anniversary and look further down the road to the LA2028.”
Bouker Pool said, “I am honoured to join USA Cycling and to work with Rob DeMartini and the talented team. We have a bright future ahead of us, 2020 gives us a great stage to bring the sport to the masses.
“I’ve always believed that cycling is more than just a sport, it’s a lifelong lifestyle. It provides confidence and freedom to kids – giving adults access to a lifetime activity with immense social and health benefits. I’m excited to bring more partners and members into our community.”
To support USA Cycling’s direction to provide safe, fun, measured and equitable racing and riding in all US cycling disciplines, the business team has been realigned to better serve the organization’s goals.
- Lindsay Goldman, former owner and general manager of the Hagens Berman/ Supermint Pro Cycling Team, joins USA Cycling as the new Director of Membership.
- 2014 Gent-Wevelgem winner, Lauren Hall joins the USA Cycling Foundation, from the Homestretch Foundation, as the new Regional Giving Officer.
- Three-time National Collegiate Mountain Bike Champion and USA Cycling Pro Gravity Tour Overall Champion, Angelina Palermo joins the Marketing Department as a Marketing Content Specialist.
- Elizabeth Kollar will move from overseeing the Membership department to leading USA Cycling’s Youth & Collegiate Development, marking the first time USA Cycling has had full-time fully dedicated leadership for Collegiate and Youth organizations.
- Moving from the Elite Athletics division to his previous area of expertise, Kevin Dessart takes on the newly established role of Executive Director of Partnerships & Coaching. Dessart will direct all partnerships including sponsors, merchandise and will continue to supervise Coaching Education.
- Jeffrey Hansen, Director of Product Management, will move to the IT department from Marketing, continuing to direct technology tools for USA Cycling members.
“Our goal of making good riders great and great riders champions can only be achieved by strengthening and aligning our resources,” said Rob DeMartini. “Bouker provides us with significant experience from the business world. Lindsay, Lauren and Angelina bring a strong voice for racers and an eye for new members. Moving Kevin, Jeffrey and Liz into roles that expand key partnerships and initiatives will help USA Cycling grow and better serve our customers.”