British Cycling – one of the world’s most successful sports governing bodies – is seeking an Elite Road Racing Manager with the role offered on a 12-month fixed term basis.
The closing date for applications is midday on Friday 8th November 2019. Candidates can apply online. The organisation gives further details on the role and candidate requirements…
We have an exciting opportunity for a forward-thinking individual to continue to develop and grow our men’s and women’s domestic road calendar, to drive sustainability through races, teams and grow fan engagement and to ensure a pipeline exists for British riders to progress through to pro-Conti and World Tour Teams.
You will work with the Cycling Delivery and Major Events Development/Delivery teams to deliver a cohesive road racing calendar for 2020 with a focus on National Road and Crit Series and other events of similar stature including UCI level races. You will also work with organisers, hosts, teams, clubs, NEG, police, commissaires and other volunteers to continue to improve the standard and consistency of road event delivery. Your role will be the key point of contact for domestic teams to ensure standards are met and to ensure the programme enables riders to develop to higher levels.
The Elite Road Race Manager role is all about:
- Developing close working relationships with event organisers helping them to deliver great races that are safe for riders and spectators, but which attract strong local interest and engagement.
- Working closely with our club, elite and British continental teams – giving them a point of communication with British Cycling, advising on expected standards & best practice, assisting and advising on building commercial sustainability.
- Being the main and first point of contact for all stakeholders involved in developing and delivering the domestic road calendar (all teams, organisers, NEG, police, hosts– all of the event officials)
- Working with HQ functions across Cycling delivery, Commercial and Integrity and Compliance Directorates to ensure the series is delivered on budget, to the right standards and ROI is maximised
- To oversee the successful delivery of the 2020 Road National calendar, on budget and contribute to the development of the 2021 Road calendar.
What you need is:
- The ability to work on own initiative, prioritise workloads and achieve deadlines.
- Comfortable in working remotely as this role requires that you attend as many races and visit as many teams, hosts and organisers as possible.
- The ability to develop relationships with key volunteer and commercial event organisers, in order to ensure the successful and smooth delivery of the vision.
- The ability to arrange, lead and produce accurate and detailed reports from meetings, as well as having a pro-active approach to ensuring that actions from discussions are completed in a timely fashion.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in nature.
- The ability to work well under pressure and in the heat of road racing.
- IT literate, including experience in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, colour, sex, marital status, religion, ethnic origin, nationality, disability or sexual orientation. Any appointment will be made on merit alone.