Focusing on all-in-one wearables with enhanced health monitoring, workouts and extended battery life – Garmin has unveiled the Venu GPS and vívoactive 4 and 4S GPS smartwatches.
The new Venu GPS features an AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode) display. Meanwhile, the new vívoactive smartwatches include an array of features, such as:
- Advanced sleep with pulse ox
- New respiration tracking
- Body Battery energy monitoring
- Abnormal heartrate alerts
- Menstrual cycle tracking
- Stress tracking with relax reminders
- New hydration tracking and more.
Garmin adds that its new watches offer up ‘the broadest available range of 24/7 health monitoring features in the market.’
“We’re thrilled to announce Garmin’s first smartwatch with an AMOLED display,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin Vice President of Global Consumer Sales. “Venu breathes life and colour into live watch faces and animated workouts. In keeping with Garmin standards, all of this is achieved without sacrificing battery life.”
The Venu provides a host of smart features including:
- Notifications: receive smart notifications for incoming calls, text messages, social media updates, calendar reminders and more. Android users can reply to text messages from the device.
- Music: download songs or playlists, including those from third-party music services like Spotify, Amazon Music, and Deezer, right to the wrist.
- Safety and tracking: incident detection (during select activities) and assistance send real-time location to emergency contacts.
- Garmin Pay with Transit: contactless payment solution lets users leave their cash and cards at home. Garmin Pay can now be used at major transit systems around the world. Users simply tap and pay-per-ride with their watch – no transit card, phone or wallet needed.
- Personalization: choose from a variety of live watch faces, apps and widgets from the Garmin Connect IQ store app. Users can even upload their own photos and turn them into watch faces.
- Compatibility: use Venu with almost any smartphone (compatible with Android and Apple devices).
The Venu features a 1.2” screen and is available in black with gold hardware, light sand with rose gold hardware, granite blue with silver hardware, and black with slate hardware. Battery life of up to 5 days in smartwatch mode, and up to 6 hours in GPS + music mode. Available in September 2019, MRP US$399.99.
vivoactive 4/4S series
“At Garmin we believe that health should be measured by more than just miles logged,” added Garmin’s Dan Bartel.
He continued, “The vívoactive 4 series is a tool for customers who want to track and improve their overall well-being, and that includes things like making sure you drink enough water or checking your Body Battery to see whether a workout over lunch is a good idea. When it is time for a workout, the vívoactive 4 offers a ton of options, from preloaded strength training to Pilates activities.”
The vívoactive 4 (45mm) has a battery life of up to 8 days in smartwatch mode, and up to 6 hours in GPS + music mode. The vívoactive 4S (40mm) has a battery life of up to 7 days in smartwatch mode, and up to 5 hours in GPS + music mode. Available in September 2019, MSRP US$349.99.