Arc’teryx, which specialises in technical, high-performance apparel, outerwear and equipment, has its roots in the Canadian West Coast Mountain wilderness. Now through a new Arc’teryx Trips programme the company will offer ‘immersive travel experiences to some of the most wild and spectacular locations on the planet.’
Launching next year but available for booking this autumn/fall, the programme features guided, small group trips to ‘10 awe-inspiring destinations with world-class mountain guides’. The experiences on offer include trekking in the Yukon, trail running in Corsica, mountaineering in Chamonix, and rock climbing in the Dolomites, with each trip centred around the main sports Arc’teryx makes products for.
Each experience will seek to move active adventurers to the next level of technical expertise alongside like-minded explorers. All of the guides chosen to lead each trip have been carefully selected by Arc’teryx, and all are either IFMGA (International Federation of Mountain Guides Association), ACMG (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides) or AMGA (American Mountain Guides Association) certified to ensure trip attendees receive the best in safety, local knowledge and skills development.
The individual experiences opened for registration on October 15, 2019. Depending on the destination, space will be available for between four to 12 guests. Arc’teryx notes that the intimate group sizes will allow participants to have a more personalised experience with their guide. The cost for each Arc’teryx Trips experience will range from £1,800 to £6,000 per person, including taxes.
The brand’s first Arc’teryx Trips programme will include the following destinations for the 2020 season, beginning in June and running through September:
- Chamonix (France) – explore some of the best climbs in Chamonix, home to some of the highest and most dramatic peaks in Europe.
- Chilcotins (Canada) – take a trail running journey through British Columbia’s backcountry, with mountainous terrain, forests, plateaus and mountain lakes. A departure exclusively for female runners will also be offered.
- Corsica (France) – this rugged island off the coast of France offers trail running adventures, from cliffs to mountains to coasts.
- Dolomites (Italy) – experience the largest and most spectacular limestone climbing area in the European Alps with steep towers rising up to 1,600m.
- Ghost River Valley (Canada) – nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the climbing at Ghost River offers a wide variety of styles from modern, bolted sport routes to traditional multi-pitch climbs.
- Grand Tetons (US) – North American mountaineering and rock-climbing experiences in Wyoming’s Grand Tetons National Park; this trip is offered exclusively to female climbers.
- Swiss Alps (Switzerland) – this trail running experience showcases the region’s peaks and valleys.
- Titcomb (US) – run past lakes and glaciers in Wyoming’s Titcomb Basin.
- Tombstones (Canada) – trek through one of the Yukon’s wilderness regions in Tombstone Territorial Park, framed by a dramatic landscape of tundra and wind-carved mountains.
- Wind River (US) – discover alpine climbing in Wyoming’s Cirque of the Towers, complemented by some of the scenery in the Wind River Range.