The new Training & Racing with a Power Meter (3rd edition), has been updated with the latest in power technology and power-based metrics. Billed as ‘the definitive guide to power meters’ by Hunter Allen, Dr Andy Coggan, and Dr Stephen McGregor, the book has been overhauled and improved with ‘cutting-edge power-based training techniques for cyclists and triathletes to train the way the pros do.’
New in the third edition:
- All-new power metrics: FRC, Pmax, mFTP, Power Duration Curve, and more
- Two new power-based training plans for masters cyclists and triathletes
- New training plans to raise Functional Threshold Power
- Over 100 new power-based workouts
- New guidance for triathletes on pacing the bike and run
- New case studies on masters cyclists and triathletes
- Methods to test power duration and pinpoint weaknesses in a variety of race distances
- 100 newly illustrated charts
Training & Racing with a Power Meter, 3rd Edition
Hunter Allen, Andy Coggan, PhD, and Stephen McGregor, PhD
Paperback. Two-colour interior with charts and tables throughout.
7 3/8″ x 9 1/4″, 384 pp., US$26.95, 9781937715939
Hunter Allen is an elite-level cycling coach, former professional cyclist, USA Cycling instructor, and owner of the Peaks Coaching Group. Andrew Coggan, PhD, is an exercise physiologist and a leading expert on power-meter data and application, responsible for developing many of the key metrics. Stephen McGregor, PhD, is an exercise physiologist at Eastern Michigan University, USA Cycling instructor, and coach for Peaks Coaching Group.
VeloPress is a leading publisher of books about endurance sports. Focused on cycling, triathlon, running, and swimming, VeloPress books ‘help committed athletes achieve their goals of going faster and farther’. VeloPress adds that its authors are top experts in their fields and their clearly illustrated books help athletes develop the knowledge, fitness, and skills to meet any challenge.