KASK has expanded its range of Valegro helmets to include five subtle new colours that will see the Italian brand’s lightest and airiest helmet seek to expand its appeal beyond the road.
With three new glossy colours (Aquamarine, Ash and Gypsum) alongside two matt colours (Pine Green and Purple), the company adds that Valegro is now styled to suit not only road and cyclocross, but the emerging gravel riding market, as well as city riders wanting a lightweight performance helmet that complements their off-the-bike attire.
Valegro was developed with and for Team SKY’s multiple Grand Tour winning riders (now Team Ineos), and is based on their feedback. It earned an iF Design award in 2018, and remains a helmet of choice for the newly incarnated WorldTour team.
KASK adds that.. ‘The light weight (180g in a size S), class-leading ventilation and Resistex Carbon padding are not only perfect features for hard summer road riding in the mountains, but also hot and humid days on the gravel road and in the city.’ Here, cooling and comfort is equally important, and Valegro is designed to help riders avoid excess heat and sweat build up.
- Maximum cooling via 37 air intakes, resulting in a head-to-pad contact area up to 70% less than some conventional helmet designs
- Antistatic, bacteriostatic, heat regulating and moisture transferring Resistex Carbon padding (a yarn with unique technical characteristics involving a continuous filament of conductive material based on active carbon)
- In-moulding technology that enabled KASK’s design team to create a helmet that weighs just 180g (size S)
- Breathable and quick dry padding, including a 5mm layer of fast-wicking material that takes moisture away from the rider’s head and moves it to the helmet’s outer shell
- Octo Fit system
- Eco-leather chin strap for comfort
- Front and rear sunglasses garages
- Available in S, M, L sizes
Valegro costs €189 / US$249.95 / £169 and is available in S, M and L sizes in selected KASK stockists all around the world.