This week sees the launch of a new podcast called The Game Changers. Created and hosted by Sue Anstiss MBE, founder of Promote PR, the series aims to celebrate extraordinary, trailblazing women in sport.
The Game Changers first series features a strong line up of women including:
- Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson – 11 time Paralympic Champion
- Chrissie Wellington MBE – four time IRONMAN World Champion
- Sally Munday MBE – CEO at England and GB Hockey and new CEO at UK Sport
- Maggie Alphonsi MBE – Rugby World Cup winner
- Kate Richardson-Walsh OBE – Olympic Hockey Gold Medallist
- Jo Bostock MBE – Co-founder and CEO Women’s Sport Trust
- Pamela Cookey – England Netball legend
- Dame Katherine Grainger – Olympic rower turned Chair of UK Sport
The high-profile guests will talk frankly about their careers, what drives them, how they’ve dealt with some of the toughest challenges they’ve faced and their future aspirations.
The Game Changers host, Sue Anstiss MBE, is CEO of sports PR agency Promote and a trustee at the Women’s Sport Trust. Passionate about the power of women’s sport to knock down barriers and challenge the status quo, Sue was awarded an MBE in 2018 for her services to grassroots and women’s sport.
Commenting on her inspiration for The Game Changers, Sue Anstiss said “I’m a big fan of podcasts, and whilst there are some fantastic sports podcasts around, few consistently feature women’s sport.
“This started as a bit of a passion project for me – hoping to play my own part in raising the profile of women’s sport by highlighting these amazing stories – but it has rapidly grown into something much bigger.
“I’ve been overwhelmed by the openness of these incredible women to share their stories in order to inspire others. It’s no wonder they are all trailblazers in women’s sport, whether that’s breaking records and winning gold medals or transforming the way women’s sport is accessed, managed, funded and portrayed.”
The first series of The Game Changers launched on June 4 with two podcasts simultaneously released featuring:
- Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson, 11 time Paralympic Champion and now a Crossbench Peer in the House of Lords and Chair of ukactive; and
- Chrissie Wellington MBE, four time IRONMAN World Champion and now Global Lead of Health and Wellbeing for Parkrun.
Future episodes will be released on Tuesdays throughout the summer. The Game Changers is available across all usual channels including iTunes, Spotify, TuneIn and Libsyn.