June 7, 2020 will be the 9th outing of the Granfondo Stelvio Santini. Participant numbers have been capped at 3,500 with entries opening on October 15, 2019. A staggered entry system with special early bird prices that increase as the event draws nearer also returns for 2020. The three event routes are also back with a shared finish-line at the top of the 2,758-metre Stelvio Pass.
A total of 1,500 bibs will be available between October 15th and December 31st 2019 at a special price of €60. Once these have been sold, that particular price slot closes. Then, from January 1st to February 28th 2020, the entry price goes up to €70 with a further 1,000 places available. From March 1st to April 30th, 800 bibs will be available at a price of €80. Then, last but not least, between May 1st and 15th, latecomers will be able to snap up the last 200 bibs at a price of €100.
Three race routes
- The 151 km Long Route has an elevation change of over 4,000m and is for cyclists with very strong legs;
- The 138km Medium Route avoids the gruelling Mortirolo climb; and
- The 60-kilometre Short Route provides a challenge as it has an elevation change just short of 2,000m.
All three routes end at the same finish-line at the top of the Stelvio Pass.
- Location: Alta Valtellina – from Bormio to the Stelvio Pass (Province of Sondrio)
- Date: 7th June 2020
- Long Route: Bormio – Teglio – Mortirolo – Bormio – Stelvio > 151.3 km (4,178 m elevation change)
- Medium Route: Bormio – Teglio – Bormio – Stelvio > 137.9 km (3,158 m elevation change)
- Short Route: Bormio – Sondalo – Bormio – Stelvio > 60 km (1,950 m elevation change)
- Entries open: 15th October 2019
- Organiser: US Bormiese