Electrolyte supplement and sweat testing specialist Precision Hydration (PH) is hiring a Marketing Manager to help the company ‘cope with (and continue) its rapid growth’.
PH has a global presence – with sales and infrastructure in 20+ countries. The UK-based firm retains a small team with only 6 full-time staff and a small group of part-time team members and freelancers.
The company is looking for an intelligent, energetic and creative marketer to join the team and ‘would love that person to have industry experience’.
The new hire will work alongside and learn from an experienced team of entrepreneurs. Founder Andy Blow has set up a number of successful businesses in the sports industry (including the Porsche Human Performance Centre at Silverstone) and was an elite triathlete himself back in the early 2000s.
COO Jonny Tye won two Silver medals at the Canoeing World Championships before being instrumental in developing PH’s innovative product and software range and spearheading its supply chain and fulfilment operations.
Dave Colley, PH’s Marketing Director, has worked for internet start-ups his whole career, from Europe’s fastest growing dating site and a UK top 20 app for sharing recommendations with friends, to the world’s first smartphone-only bank and a leading SEO tool.
Here’s more from PH on the role…
- Activating our event sponsorships (creating engaging email/blog/social content for their athletes, overseeing the design/creation of branding material, planning our on-the-ground presence, identifying other co-marketing opportunities with co-sponsors etc)
- Planning and executing co-marketing campaigns (collaborating with partner brands to create engaging content and drive traffic and brand awareness)
- Helping us create awesome content/collateral (helping research/plan/manage our content schedule, co-ordinating guest bloggers, ideally editing/writing some blogs too, project managing the creation of new website pages, briefing designers on flyers, POS signage and marketing/product imagery)
- Helping us improve our existing content and UX (working with our SEO consultant to optimise existing content for Search and conversion, working with our designer and web developer to improve key pages and parts of our user experience)
- Helping more athletes discover our content (doing PR/backlink outreach, helping identify new channels/partners for our content such as podcasts, vlogs, remarketing ads etc)
- No doubt there’ll be plenty more responsibilities and opportunities for the role to develop that come up as we grow as a business and you grow into the role – plus you’ll probably bring loads of ideas to the table too.
- 2+ years experience in a marketing role (preferably with a B2C ecommerce brand)
- We’re looking for a self-starter who’ll learn fast and bring bags of energy to the table
- Excellent written English is a must as you’ll be writing/editing content
- Experience with Klaviyo (or Mailchimp or similar email service providers) is very desirable
- Experience with Shopify (or similar ecommerce platforms) is very desirable
- Knowing your way around Excel and being fairly decent with numbers is desirable too, as we’re a very numbers driven business
- Being a keen athlete would also be ideal (as you’ll already understand our audience) but not mandatory. We’ll be flexible so you’ll have time to train and compete around your workload
- Salary: £20-28k depending on experience
- Exciting travel opportunities and ‘money can’t buy’ sporting experiences
- All the electrolyte drinks and team merch you’ll ever need!
Ideally Christchurch, Dorset (with a percentage of time working from home an option too once up and running). PH would consider SE/London-based remote working with regular trips to Christchurch for the ideal candidate.
Send a CV and a few lines ‘telling us about yourself and why you think you’d be an awesome addition to Team PH’ to Marketing Director Dave at dc[at]precisionhydration.com.