Billed as ‘the world’s first AI earphones with gait analysis and a built-in heart rate monitor’, SOUL Electronics’ BLADE earbuds have been redesigned and updated to maximize training performance and to minimize injury risk.
SOUL notes that its updated BLADE earphones are positioned as the ‘first true wireless earbud with a built-in heart rate monitor and AI voice coaching to provide instant audio feedback on your running form’. The company adds that this allows you to ‘let your mind wander, without risking a career-ending injury due to poor form.’
BLADE’s real-time voice coaching uses GAIT analysis to guide runners through their run by measuring speed, distance, cadence, step length, step width, head tilt angle, and more.
With a crowdfunding campaign under way via Indiegogo, BLADE is scheduled for launch in Q3 2019, with an estimated price of US$250.
- Powered by a customized ‘BEFLEX BIOMECH ENGINE’ which monitors running form and provides real-time coaching to maximize performance and minimize potential injury
- iOS or Android AI analyst SOUL Fit App tracks and analyses runs to improve performance over time, logging training data for easy progress tracking
- Measures heart rate, speed, distance, cadence, step length, step width, vertical oscillation, head tilt angle, stance/flight time, shock, maximum leg force, balance, and consistency
- Wireless earbud design offers maximum comfort and lightweight feel, features an ergonomic C-shaped ear hook design to ensure a locked-in fit
- Features SOUL’s signature sound with Bluetooth for connectivity in any environment
- iPX7 weatherproof rating offers added protection from sweat and water
- Boasts up to 6 hours of playback time with one charge