Home All news

World Bicycle Relief and Laka Insurance in fundraising partnership

For every UK rider who takes up insurance with Laka, the company will give them £25 free credit and the opportunity to donate some, or all of that, to World Bicycle Relief (WBR). In addition, Laka will match every donation of that free credit, pound for pound, starting on 11th February.

Laka’s insurance model is run on community cooperative principles, with 80% of what each customer pays going to help fellow members whose bikes have been stolen or damaged, while the remaining 20% covers running costs. While a customer’s share can theoretically go down to £0 if there are no claims in a month, Laka also locks in a maximum price to make sure there are no nasty surprises, even in months with lots of claims.

Allison Dufosee, CEO of WBR UK, said “It’s fantastic that Laka has found a way to support World Bicycle Relief by insuring the very cyclists who often fundraise for us. This simple act of insuring your bike can help ensure those who have only ever walked get access to a life-changing bicycle – this is such a great partnership. We are delighted that Laka believes in the Power of Bicycles!”

Tobias Taupitz, CEO and Co-founder of Laka, said “Laka is privileged to call World Bicycle Relief a partner, and everyone in the team is proud to be able to support its mission: to increase mobility among those without access to basic human rights such as health, education and food. While only a small piece of the puzzle, we strive to support the WBR initiative with our best efforts and hope that more cyclists will join us and enable WBR to reach more recipients.”

www.worldbicyclerelief.org
www.laka.co.uk

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.