Online training and e-racing platform, Zwift, is seeking a Director of Content & Production to be based in London, UK.
Having launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA, Zwift notes that its community of users is now active in 195 countries and growing. Zwift added that it is also at the forefront of developing a new competitive esports discipline for cycling.
The British Cycling National eRacing Championships (March 2019) marked the beginning of a long term strategy to develop esports as an international cycling format and with the recent sanctioning of cycling esports as an official discipline by the UCI, the ultimate goal is inclusion in the world’s biggest multi-sport events including the Olympic Games.
The goal is that Zwift Esports races are both fun to play & fun to watch for a broad audience of competitive & enthusiastic cyclists.
The Director of Content & Production will oversee content output around Zwift’s Esports programme of events and spearhead its in-house production team. The role will report to VP Media, Zwift Esports.
Zwift is looking for an individual with:
- 10+ years in the TV or video production industry
- Deep expertise in audio/visual storytelling and a strong editorial sense, ideally in a sporting context
- Experience of producing large scale live sports broadcasts
- Knowledge of technical production workflows involved in live broadcasting & streaming
- A broad knowledge of the media landscape, especially emerging platforms
- A strong network of relationships across the broadcast & production industry
- Experience of producing in both a traditional TV environment & in the digital space
- Creative & innovative approach to using new forms of media
- Management experience of large production teams
- Experience of developing team members
There are also ‘bonus points’ for individuals with:
- Understanding of esports production workflows
- Relationships with endemic gaming media platforms such as Twitch
- Knowledge of the cycling landscape & key relationships within it
Zwift adds that it is offering up competitive benefits (including medical, dental, and vision), including an employee bike program. Full details of the role & responsibilities, and how to apply, can be found online.