As the impact of Coronavirus continues to take hold across the mass participation event, trade show and conference landscape, the unfortunate postponement or cancellation of major industry events creates a significant impact across the industry.
PR and media relations specialist ECHOS notes that ‘brands rely on these annual events to launch and showcase their latest products and innovations, and the media are eager to hear the stories behind them… At the core, industry events are the cultural glue, bringing people together and creating an atmosphere for authentic storytelling.’
ECHOS is therefore hosting the REVEAL Global Media Conference – a live streaming event that aims to create an opportunity for brands to present their products to a worldwide media audience. It offers journalists – located anywhere in the world – the opportunity to watch and hear about the latest offerings.
‘More than a product presentation, the conference is designed to open up dialogue via live Q & A between journalists and brand managers.’
Scheduled for April 29th and 30th, 2020, the event will be live-streamed from Camp Navarro in Mendocino, California, and is being produced in collaboration with Evan Dudley, co-founder of Outpost Trade and Principal of Exact Change.
“ECHOS will continue to be invested in the major industry trade shows, but we wanted to provide a level of continuity – a way for brands and media to connect despite these unfortunate events,” said Rob Reedy, CEO of ECHOS Communications.
“The live streaming event is designed to be an effective way for brands to present the launch of their products while limiting or eliminating travel.”
The conference will have digital and physical environments. The digital component is a custom web portal that will host the experience with landing pages where participating brands can post product and lifestyle images, brand/product videos, press releases, scheduled times for brand presentations and the ability to view a live streaming event directly on the page.
The physical location, Camp Navarro, is located north of the San Francisco Bay Area. Camp Navarro is where the live streaming conference will be hosted and powered by a production team, MC, commentator, camera operators, programmer and moderator to handle questions and manage dialog with participants.
Brands can choose to participate remotely or – for those located in the immediate area – brand managers can attend in-person to present their products on stage and take questions from participating journalists.
‘Support staff will be on hand to provide a seamless experience, and all brand assets will be provided to the journalists, along with a schedule of specific times for each brand’s presentation.’
Brands can expect:
- Dedicated face time with a live audience of journalists to provide the story behind their new products in their own words. Presentation time will be based on the amount of products, complexity, and engagement level of the audience Q&A.
- All media assets delivered to journalists
- Digital booth space / landing page to host all product information in one space
- Opportunity to play a video during program transitions or specific times during the event
- The flexibility to ship or deliver product that will be presented at Camp Navarro and have a return shipment directly after
- The ability to invite dealers, reps and distributors worldwide to view the live presentation
Media can expect:
- A schedule provided with timing of live brand presentations
- Brand assets provided
- Opportunity to engage with each brand through Q&A sessions
- Separate dedicated bike and lifestyle brand sessions
- Log in, sit back with a drink, and pretend you’re at Camp Navarro
Journalists interested in joining the presentations can sign-up online.