The International Triathlon Union (ITU) wishes to expand its media and communications team to support the increasing activities of the international federation. As a result, it is now searching for an experienced and creative freelance Video Editor to join its team.
As a Video Editor at ITU, the selected contractor will be responsible for capturing, editing and producing video content for the multiple platforms ITU works with, both at certain events and remotely.
- Capture high-quality video and edit clips for multiple purposes and platforms
- Work both on- and off-site
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video recording and editing
- Work with ITU’s creative teams to define contents, production schedules, rundowns and production priorities and requirements
- Regularly collaborate with the marketing team
- Follow the brand guidelines
- Edit videos provided by other ITU video contractors as required
- Produce ITU’s promotional videos, campaign materials
- Work with stakeholders for other deliverables
- Create audio visual content for all ITU’s communications channels in order to engage, promote and create awareness of the sport
- Act as ITU ENG and video editor on site at World Triathlon Series (WTS) events during the 2020 season
- Maintain and categorize the video archive
- Record and edit interviews and features on site during 2020 WTS events
- Edit features, interviews and video snippets as required while not working at WTS events
- Produce social media clips of WTS events
- Coordinate with the ITU Content team on the video production schedule and requirements
The candidate must have:
- Three years’ experience as a video specialist in a similar role
- Great experience using video and editing equipment
- Creative thinker
- Good time-management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects
- Knowledge and a good understanding of motion graphics is preferred
- Knowledge about the sport of triathlon is desirable, although not essential
- The successful candidate, as well as having a passion for sport, must be a top class and creative video editor
- Digitally savvy, a team player and a great all-rounder
- Must have the ability to organise, plan and work to strict deadlines.
- All candidates must possess a ‘can-do’ attitude, a progressive personality and enjoy engaging with internal team members, as well as external stakeholders
- Available to work on weekends both on site and remotely
The International Triathlon Union is the world governing body for the Olympic sport of triathlon and all related multisport disciplines: duathlon, aquathlon, cross triathlon and winter triathlon. The ITU was founded in 1989 at the first ITU Congress in Avignon, France. ITU is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and has offices in Madrid, Spain and Vancouver, Canada.
It now has over 170 affiliated national federations around the world and is one of the youngest international federations in the Olympic Games. Triathlon was awarded Olympic Games status in 1994.
- Position: Video Editor at International Triathlon Union
- Application deadline: January 15, 2020
- Classification: Freelance contractor, 40 hours/week
- Start date: February 1, 2020
- Salary: to be negotiated depending the experience of the candidate. The candidate must use his/her own equipment for filming and editing, which will not be provided by ITU.
To apply, email jobs[at]triathlon.org with a current résumé, cover letter and video samples.