Nutrition and hydration specialist Nuun has been named the Official Sustainability Partner of the 2020 Running USA Industry Conference presented by Race Roster, which is set for February 9-11 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Nuun adds that ‘Unique activations are in store for attendees at the 2020 conference, considered the don’t-miss event for those who work in the running industry across the globe.’
“Nuun is a return partner of our event and we appreciate the creativity with which they approach each new relationship,” said Christine Bowen, Vice President of Programming, Partnerships and Operations for Running USA. “As running events everywhere look to become more sustainable, we can all learn a lot from the great ideas the Nuun team has to share with us.”
Activations will include:
- Attendees of the event will receive event branded MiiR bottles for their hydration needs during and after the event. MiiR is positioned as an everyday bottle, for people on the go.
- A friendly competition to document sustainable behaviours via the conference app during the event.
- More details to come in the attendee event newsletter.
“Partnering with the race director community to help reduce their environmental impact is very important to Nuun as we collectively develop better sustainability solutions for events,” added Kevin Rutherford, Nuun President and CEO. “We are thankful for this opportunity with Running USA to support this critical conversation with the event stakeholders at the industry conference.”
In addition to the Nuun partnership, Running USA has a variety of sustainability plans for the 2020 event. These include:
- Panel on Climate Leadership in a Changing World, with a focus on event best practices
- Upcycled race bags to carry conference swag – thanks to the Big Sur Marathon Foundation, Nuun, NYRR, Track Shack and Twin Cities in Motion
- No plastic bottles offered during the conference. So, attendees should take their own water bottles for hydration during the event and at the morning runs.
- Bring used running shoes to donate to Sneakers4Funds in the conference expo.